3DCoat Forums

3DCoat 2024 development thread

• Advanced Member

Does Smart Retop work? I watch the promo and it seems you draw curves and the spans auto fill between curves set to loft. Is it just me not understanding the Tool or does the promo do something different? 

• Advanced Member
6 hours ago, tcwik said:

another bug XD .. steps to recreate 

open 3dcoat 2021.6;

choose voxel sculpting and some ball ;

choose voxelhide tool and hide with rectangle selection half of a ball;

invert hidden ;

and press object-ify hidden and voila! XD 

bug have above 3 years for sure

i couldnt replicate what you was trying to do... i followed steps and got what it said lol...

voila.jpg

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Elemeno said:

i couldnt replicate what you was trying to do..

You are doing something wrong, i can confirm inverted objectify hidden don't work,
also invert hidden adds some bevel
FOtK8oY.jpg

Edited by sprayer
  • Thanks 1

• Advanced Member
23 minutes ago, sprayer said:

You are doing something wrong, i can confirm inverted objectify hidden don't work,
also invert hidden adds some bevel
FOtK8oY.jpg

ive tried to repeat this 5 times now ... using low poly high poly even merging subtree...  still gives same result which is expected...

but what os are you using and specs ?

• Advanced Member
18 minutes ago, Elemeno said:

ive tried to repeat this 5 times now ... using low poly high poly even merging subtree...  still gives same result which is expected...

but what os are you using and specs ?

ok yep... i see what you mean... can also confirm that it bevels when you objectify hidden... you ont even have to invert hidden

• Thanks 1

• Contributor
5 hours ago, linnos said:

@ebitz That doesn't happen on my end.

2 hours ago, Elemeno said:

also doesn't happen my end too ,all works fine

@linnos @Elemeno Have you tried it like this, though? --->

On 7/18/2021 at 5:44 PM, ebitz said:

(...)The Preferences-->Beta TAB-->Treat Retopo groups as materials is the culprit. If I disable it the 3d primitives mesh is not generated in the viewport.

• Advanced Member

I'm trying to follow the 3DC chainmail video :q
(3DC Youtube - Creating Chainmail Pt 4)

When using Stencil, Cube Mapping using Lasso still has a problem that does not match Preview.

If you look at the chain armor making tutorial, it seems to be a bug.

It's fine when you do it with a brush.
But not Lasso.

67394238_bandicam2021-07-2002-59-20-177.thumb.jpg.3840d76e6b8c9dad45a747da3d6903fd.jpg

In addition, in Paint-Room,
Cube Mapping with the Fill Tool works fine.:huh:

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

I remember this issue before, but I suppose it was solved. But now I see this again.:mellow:

I set 2K resolution  (and just customize color of smart material fabric texture then keep to use default textures) , is there way to clean paint this area?

I tried poligon seleciton , mask (with poligon selection) but afer all, when I use FIll with mask, or directly paint smart material with poligon selection, I see this juggy .

Though I suppose if I separate the area as new material (or surfaceI in UV room, I can manage it... because if I fill with material, I do not see this issue.

Or is there way to avoid this issue ? (paint smart material with poligon selection tool on to selected poligon only) 

poligonselection.thumb.JPG.7c209898d6b16776fa6fb3679c20a8a3.JPG

NO ><)

I actually see same issue, with Fill material, between different surface group (material) , is it resolution problem? for this selction I just Fill with surface (material)

paintsurface.JPG.3b526ac03435b77afb3fc5d1e2623f3b.JPG

Edited by tokikake

• Advanced Member

@tokikake

in my view...
1. Insufficient UV resolution.
2. UVs are arranged diagonally
I think it might be one of these reasons.

The smaller the UV area, the more noticeable the zig-zag problem of the texture.

Attach an example image.(16 x 16 pixel)
It would be good to test it once.

pixel.png

Edited by Yousung

• Advanced Member

In Modeling-Room...
Mesh - Sculpt Mesh is not working properly.

If you check this feature, all Poly Groups will appear as Sculpt Mesh, but if you use Unlink Sculpt Mesh, only PolyGroups placed at the top of Poly Groups will be converted to Sculpt Mesh.
(PolyGroup1 for example video)

To switch from a poly model to a sculpt mesh, it is inconvenient to always have to place it on top.

It looks like it needs improvement.
1. Option to convert all Visible PolyGroups to Sculpt Mesh or
2. Individually set Subdivide for PolyGroups and switch to Sculpt Mesh as you want

Edited by Yousung

On 7/18/2021 at 7:11 PM, tcwik said:

I'm really tire of this sht , 4.9.72 is the last really stable version of 3dc right now .. and still ..

WHY I CANNOT CHANGE SHORTCUTS FOR GOOD FOR THOSE OPTIONS? THEY ARE HARDCODED ?! I REOPEN 3DC2021 AND STILL HAVE THAT 'S' ,  BTW  WHY DOES SOMEBODY USE 'S' FOR SYMMETRY, THEY NEVER WORK IN ANY INDUSTRY AT ALL 

and this is really bad I cannot import old prefs to the new 3dc without f pain in ..  I see the same old 3dc with new bugs hehe great! new old saga continues  and betatools... all that new 3dcoat 2021 is one big betatool XD , but maybe someday in faaaar future ..

FUKKK.jpg

Tried to redefine the key for symmetry. It is kept as expected. On reopening it is kept correctly. Does anyone have problems with shortcuts assignments?

And of course, I work hard over polishing everything. No new features (at least from my side), just accurate polishing everything.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Good afternoon everyone. I just upgraded last weekend and after I installed 3DCoat 2021 I started it up for the first time. And I got this error message. Even after I downloaded the latest version and installed it I started it up and still got an error message. Can someone tell me what's the issue? Thanks in advance.

image_2021-07-20_134740.png

33 minutes ago, Jimmie said:

Good afternoon everyone. I just upgraded last weekend and after I installed 3DCoat 2021 I started it up for the first time. And I got this error message. Even after I downloaded the latest version and installed it I started it up and still got an error message. Can someone tell me what's the issue? Thanks in advance.

image_2021-07-20_134740.png

Thanks for reporting, even if does not crash on my side, I have an idea, check the next build (07) when it will be done (today or tomorrow).

13 hours ago, tokikake said:

I remember this issue before, but I suppose it was solved. But now I see this again.:mellow:

I set 2K resolution  (and just customize color of smart material fabric texture then keep to use default textures) , is there way to clean paint this area?

I tried poligon seleciton , mask (with poligon selection) but afer all, when I use FIll with mask, or directly paint smart material with poligon selection, I see this juggy .

Though I suppose if I separate the area as new material (or surfaceI in UV room, I can manage it... because if I fill with material, I do not see this issue.

Or is there way to avoid this issue ? (paint smart material with poligon selection tool on to selected poligon only) 

poligonselection.thumb.JPG.7c209898d6b16776fa6fb3679c20a8a3.JPG

NO ><)

I actually see same issue, with Fill material, between different surface group (material) , is it resolution problem? for this selction I just Fill with surface (material)

paintsurface.JPG.3b526ac03435b77afb3fc5d1e2623f3b.JPG

The polygon mode is not antialiased (and never was), but making it antialiased is in plans. 

10 hours ago, iRadovsky said:

Hey guys - any recommendation how to use mesh doctor to remove self intersections? I was trying , but some self inters. are gone , but some not or some new intersections are appears 

The really best self-intersections remover is voxelizing. Everything else may be questionable (not only because of bugs, but because of the mesh complexity).

• Like 1

• Carlosan changed the title to 3DCoat 2024 suggestions
  • Carlosan pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Carlosan pinned this topic