3DCoat Forums

3DCoat 2024 development thread

• Advanced Member
33 minutes ago, milhouzz said:

mm yeah i was hoping for something with more control and really have a mask tool like that

Yes definitely it would be nice to have such a control.
I think it would be especially good for hard subs and patterns.

As far as I know, these local controls are impossible with the Pose tool.

16 minutes ago, Yousung said:

Yes definitely it would be nice to have such a control.
I think it would be especially good for hard subs and patterns.

As far as I know, these local controls are impossible with the Pose tool.

yeah it would be great!

still running into that bug as well its pretty annoying.

cubemapping not showing and when i click and drag to change the size or any operation on the gizmo controlling the stencil i get the rectangle selection and it will affect the mesh

2021-09-05 08-24-32.mkv

19 minutes ago, milhouzz said:

yeah it would be great!

still running into that bug as well its pretty annoying.

cubemapping not showing and when i click and drag to change the size or any operation on the gizmo controlling the stencil i get the rectangle selection and it will affect the mesh

2021-09-05 08-24-32.mkv 9.29 MB · 1 download

The naming convention of the 3D Grid Density is not quite in line with the actual terms used in English.

'Density' can be described as 'low' or 'high' rather than 'small' and 'large' (low density foam, high density material etc.)

'Small' and 'large' used here are counterintuitive - as choosing the 'Small' (meaning low-density) 3D grid will actually result in the largest grid squares - as the grid will be less dense!

Changing the Density options to 'low' - 'medium' - 'high' would more appropriately reflect what they actually do.

a0990.jpg

• Thanks 2

• Advanced Member

[ Added feature for Pose Tool ]

Can you add other transformation features other than simply adjusting the selected areas in the Pose Tool with a gizmo?

For example, like the video posted by 'milhouzz' as an example before

I wish there was a feature to transform each selected area separately.

1191999128_Honeycam2021-09-0620-52-29.thumb.gif.fca1e5dd0d9e0931c1a788bbbb20ed9e.gif

Taking ZBrush as an example, it is similar to performing Deformation - inflat feature after painting on a mask.

Here, simply masked areas are transformed individually.

958170101_bandicam2021-09-0620-17-59-468.thumb.jpg.d41a2fe479ff9c034874223b0955ad3e.jpg

( When using the gizmo scale in the pose tool )

To do this in 3D Coat, you must individually paint and transform the areas with the Pose Tool.

This is time consuming and has the potential to result in inconsistent (different) results.

However, if you try to transform it all at once, it will be transformed around the pivot as shown in the picture, so this will also be an unwanted result.

With this added feature, you can use it with your existing stencil textures to quickly and easily adjust the depth.

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

427019820_bandicam2021-09-0621-21-14-073copy.thumb.jpg.218fc21a9aeadac281abc8852eae97e5.jpg

And additionally, when subtracting the paint area of the current Pose Tool The painting area is different from when adding.

It feels like the Border Widths don't match each other.

856501082_bandicam2021-09-0621-22-49-037.thumb.jpg.d8215c27a159599326b50672d0d70ad1.jpg

This will also lead to slightly different results.

Can you correct the border so that it is the same as when adding an area?

Edit 1 )

343909368_bandicam2021-09-0621-42-56-357copy.thumb.jpg.b05969e686817fd5967a79097577d736.jpg

simple test results
The area added with the Border Width set to '20'
Similar to the area I subtract with a Border Width of '60'.

Edited by Yousung
Add additional images and descriptions

28 minutes ago, Yousung said:

[ Added feature for Pose Tool ]

Can you add other transformation features other than simply adjusting the selected areas in the Pose Tool with a gizmo?

For example, like the video posted by 'milhouzz' as an example before

I wish there was a feature to transform each selected area separately.

1191999128_Honeycam2021-09-0620-52-29.thumb.gif.fca1e5dd0d9e0931c1a788bbbb20ed9e.gif

Taking ZBrush as an example, it is similar to performing Deformation - inflat feature after painting on a mask.

Here, simply masked areas are transformed individually.

958170101_bandicam2021-09-0620-17-59-468.thumb.jpg.d41a2fe479ff9c034874223b0955ad3e.jpg

( When using the gizmo scale in the pose tool )

To do this in 3D Coat, you must individually paint and transform the areas with the Pose Tool.

This is time consuming and has the potential to result in inconsistent (different) results.

However, if you try to transform it all at once, it will be transformed around the pivot as shown in the picture, so this will also be an unwanted result.

With this added feature, you can use it with your existing stencil textures to quickly and easily adjust the depth.

exactly!!!! :)

that would some life changing features!

4 hours ago, digman said:

I noticed the download size for the re-uploaded 2120.40 is only 297, not the normal over 800 in size. 

I got the corrupted message also.

Is there a file hash info (MD5 or something)? I did not find one in the page, that could help verify the file integrity after download.

• Reputable Contributor
3 hours ago, jimhatama said:

when adding 5 layers to smart materials, small right icon for level adjust stop working

1 hour ago, jimhatama said:

I dunno if its a bug or not, but smart material preview window updates every time you place cursor on mesh even if nothing changed, which is  a bit irritating, amd distracts from adjusting smart mat

Always good to give the 3DC version you are currently using,.

Can you show a picture of the icon you are talking about.

If you have a brush selected, 3DC assumes you want to paint and hides the material. 

Привязка в смарт ретопо постоянно размазывает сетку по прилежащим объектам если ее не отключать , перед каждым применить . Основная привязка тоже постоянно сама включается при переключении инструментов ,,..  Работать п росто не возможно .!!!

• Carlosan changed the title to 3DCoat 2024 suggestions
  • Carlosan pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Carlosan pinned this topic