3DCoat Forums

3DCoat 2024 development thread

• Advanced Member

@Silas Merlin What happen recently?

Guys what do you think about rename:

- Surface Materials to Materials

- Smart Materials to Smart Shaders

I think these names is confuse newbies.

Also i think about Paint Objects, to Objects as what really is objects is scene, but there is sculpttree what almost same thing for another room, not sure.

@Silas Merlin and yes i agree reflection bake shader also should be rename to something more clear with "reflection"

Edited by sprayer

21.07.21 2021.08

- Fixed PPP problem when stamp drawing may leave dirty tale when you paint over UV. This is a very old bug that was present in 4.9 too.

- The sequence Vox Hide something->Invert hidden->Objectify Hidden now functions correctly.

- Uninstaller fixed, now it removes installed item completely from the programs list and from the start menu, has the correct icon.

- Fixed loading of tangent space normal map.

PS: I done only what I was able for today)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Yes, reproduced it, will fix it.

I need some help with Chiesel to make it perfect. Seems it works symmetrically on my side, but I use simple models. So, if someone will drop me some scene where I can reproduce it, that could be good.

Also, if someone was able to tweak the Chisel to the expected job, please send me the preset. 

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

Does anyone else have the issue with 2021.06 when installing extensions? If you import it does it successfully but immediately crashes 3DC. When restarting the extension is installed. It did its job but it used to have a dialogue ( please restart ).

1 minute ago, insignet said:

Does anyone else have the issue with 2021.06 when installing extensions? If you import it does it successfully but immediately crashes 3DC. When restarting the extension is installed. It did its job but it used to have a dialogue ( please restart ).

Please send me any extension that crashes Coat.

• Reputable Contributor
10 minutes ago, Silas Merlin said:

Like this ?

Edit 1 : Oops I forgot to turn on screen space illumination and screen space reflection. I don't know if it would make a difference ?

Edit 2 : No, it does not seem to make a difference. For instance the white streak (representing Tinker bell) was emissive and its light did not get picked up by the bake as far as I can see.

Edited by Silas Merlin
  • Like 1

On 7/20/2021 at 7:12 PM, Andrew Shpagin said:

Tried to redefine the key for symmetry. It is kept as expected. On reopening it is kept correctly. Does anyone have problems with shortcuts assignments?

And of course, I work hard over polishing everything. No new features (at least from my side), just accurate polishing everything.

3dc 2021 -08 How to kill the f shortcuts????  I reset all preferences and still they pop up after I try to save new shortcuts !!!

any tools in the clay/draw category (such as extrude, build up,expand,etc....)don't seem to work when using any of the selection tools like lasso, rectangle etc...

also when selection the lasso for instance I don't see the extrude direction option at the top like in the previous versions.

thanks

• Advanced Member

I suppose I will send mail for Andrew as request, but should not we have these voxel (or for sculpt) primitives for 2021 modeling room?  

primitive-sculpt.thumb.JPG.068314e65505f2ac726fa8e5d655bcf2.JPG

I know we can use Poli models to start modeling, but basically it can adjust transform data only so we can not adjust property. like edge count etc.

on the other hand in voxel room (or kit bash) these primitives are really powerful and offer many options to generate  each primitive mesh what we need.

eg I may hope to start with cube or sphere etc, but set radius or edge count with options. at current without we made it then add it as models, there seems no tool generate primitives I suppose. 

(and we can not adjust it , manually need to add edges etc, just to generate primitive as start modeling.

many 3d modeling tool may offer such primitives witch can change propertys. eg for grid we may adjust grid count..so we need those adjustable primitives for start modeling not only for sculpt.

propertys.thumb.JPG.8479045d0a0e261db2865affd218ee28.JPG

Edited by tokikake

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, tokikake said:

I suppose I will send mail for Andrew as request, but should not we have these voxel (or for sculpt) primitives for 2021 modeling room?  

primitive-sculpt.thumb.JPG.068314e65505f2ac726fa8e5d655bcf2.JPG

I know we can use Poli models to start modeling, but basically it can adjust transform data only so we can not adjust property. like edge count etc.

on the other hand in voxel room (or kit bash) these primitives are really powerful and offer many options to generate  each primitive mesh what we need.

eg I may hope to start with cube or sphere etc, but set radius or edge count with options. at current without we made it then add it as models, there seems no tool generate primitives I suppose. 

(and we can not adjust it , manually need to add edges etc, just to generate primitive as start modeling.

many 3d modeling tool may offer such primitives witch can change propertys. eg for grid we may adjust grid count..so we need those adjustable primitives for start modeling not only for sculpt.

propertys.thumb.JPG.8479045d0a0e261db2865affd218ee28.JPG

I am really  sorry ^^;  ignore my fool request pelase.  I simply did not check carefully (I could not find it when I check menus but 3d coat 2021 already offer it), yes it is what I needed :p:

primitive.thumb.JPG.22116ba7532a8399aec03a7bafe8733d.JPG

• Like 1

22.07.21 2021.09

-Fixed possible crashes when you install older extensions.

- Dropping the image to the viewport and using it as a stencil will activate it immediately, so you will be able to paint with the image instantly.

- Voxel brush engine works correctly with stencils, black areas on stencils will not be affected by the brush.

- Brush engine (both - voxels/surface) handles rectangle/lasso selection with masks correctly.

- Correct Exposure for Light Baking Tool.

- The option for people who want to help with translation, see "Edit-> Preferences->Translate directly into the language file".

- Fixed "lumpy plane problem" when sculpting with voxels brush engine creates lumpy areas. It was related to brushes were normal or position Sampling > 100%.

- Autoretopo with the instant mesh restored in the VoxTree RMB menu.

- Edit->Relocate 3DCoat's data works correctly now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Advanced Member

Ok, still no brushing with Kamvas Pro 24.

Also, what's with this "puppeteer" string showing with many brushes.

Another thing, weird glitches and destroyed mesh with move tool?

Flat shading doesn't work correctly and there is no clown pass option in render settings, so that's a bummer.

3DCoat 2021.09[floating, used 1 of 10] 22.07.2021 21_47_34.png

• Reputable Contributor
53 minutes ago, ThomasJohann said:

Buildup is too aggressive, unable to use any voxel sculpting brushes without creating lumps everywhere even while using low pressure.

2021-07-22_8-03-17.png

The EXTRUSION value at the bottom of the modifiers panel, is way too high. That's probably the culprit.

I really like the new customizable rooms, but I've not been able to set up a custom room based on the Modeling room the way I want it.

The problem relates to the extrude tools (Free Extrude, Smart Extrude, Extrude Vertices, Extrude Faces and Spine Tool). There are two sets of these tools, one set in the Add Geometry section, which is always visible and seems to be redundant and unnecessary, and another set in the Selected section which is visible only when the select tool is active.

If I try to hide the the ones that appear in the Add Geometry section it hides the ones in the Selected section also, and vice versa.

If I try to move either of those two sections up or down or change the tools that are inside them it will seem fine at first but then a few minutes later it will randomly combine different sections together or scramble all the tools up. It's difficult to describe what is happening exactly because it randomly scrambles things in different ways at different times. I've spent hours on repeated attempts trying to get it to work somehow.

I've had no problem customizing new rooms based on the Sculpt room, it is just new rooms based on the Modeling room where I've encountered problems. I haven't tried customizing any others yet. I'm using version 22.07.21 2021.09.

Edited by Wizardkiss
  • Thanks 1

• Advanced Member

When the existing Curves tool (Not New-curve) is on the Sculpt object, it will not be able to move.

But it works when the control point goes out of the object or when the object is in ghost mode.

//edit

Fixed on version 2021.10

• Carlosan changed the title to 3DCoat 2024 suggestions
  • Carlosan pinned and unpinned this topic
  • Carlosan pinned this topic