3DCoat Forums

[Bug] 3DCoat 2021 - How/where to install Presets

macmonkey

Hi There could i just confirm that as standard there are no presets installed? I need to download the Artman presets and install manually. I found one post that that i downloaded the presets and textures from but the file structure is different now in 2021 so there isn't an easily identifiable Presets and Textures folder to save them into. Any help would be much appreciated

Many thanks

Dave

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] 3DCoat 2021 - How/where to install Presets
Carlosan
This post was recognized by Carlosan!

MarkC was awarded the badge 'Helpful' and 1 points.

I used migration master to import my brushes, presets, smart materials from V4.

The 3DC_Brushes is quite extensive, so seemed to take a while, but then 3dc restarted with them added.

Edited by MarkC

Hi 

A new feature was added on latest versions

--------------------------------------------------------------------

- Completely new folders structure.

Really streamlined and logical as it was proposed.

Almost all now is split between two folders - data and UserPrefs.

As it is logical, UserPrefs is user-created content. Data is sort of temporary stuff.

The folder in documents changed, now it is Docs/3DCoat-2021/.

Even if the folders structure is changed it is compatible with the previous one.

As soon as 3DCoat detects some files copied to the new location in Documents from the old one, it will convert the files to the new structure.

Also, if you will install 3dcpack it will be installed correctly (except presets that use old tools that are not present in the toolset).

So, to migrate from earlier version you may copy folders from old versions to Docs/3DCoat-2021 or create 3dcpack in old version and install using latest.

Hope it help

• 1 month later...

Upgraded and installed 2021 latest version. Have tried repeatedly to use migration master. It successfully brought stencils and some other things over to 2021, but none of the smart materials. Many of which were just variations on pre-existing default materials with a few settings tweaked and renamed. In addition to the many custom 3D coat smart material packs that were installed. At this point I have like five versions of the software installed because I have to maintain functionality on my job.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated

Have you tried this by copying your folders ?

As soon as 3DCoat detects some files copied to the new location in Documents from the old one, it will convert the files to the new structure.

- 3DCoat 2021 have completely new folders structure. Really streamlined and logical as it was proposed.

Almost all now is split between two folders - data and UserPrefs.

As it is logical,

- UserPrefs is user-created content.

- Data is sort of temporary stuff.

The folder in documents changed, now it is Docs/3DCoat-2021/.

> C:\Users\username\Documents\3DCoat-2021

Even if the folders structure is changed it is compatible with the previous one.

As soon as 3DCoat detects some files copied to the new location in Documents from the old one, it will convert the files to the new structure.

Also, if you will install 3dcpack it will be installed correctly (except presets that use old tools that are not present in the toolset).

So, to migrate from earlier beta you may copy folders from old beta to Docs/3DCoat-2021 or create 3dcpack in old beta and install using UI.

• Carlosan changed the title to [Bug] 3DCoat 2021 - How/where to install Presets
  • 3 months later...
  • Advanced Member
2 minutes ago, Carlosan said:

Migration Master is not working as expected ?

I've installed the latest 2021 version, and don't have the version I own installed. I believe that was 4.9.

I assume the Migration Master works to move assets from an old version?

Edited by Metin Seven
Typo

• Advanced Member

Thanks!

Are the brush presets still compatible with the new set of brushes in 3DC 2021?

Also, off-topic, but is there a way to toggle the viewport from smooth shading to faceted shading (clear polygons, without normals smoothing) ?

Carlosan
This post was recognized by Carlosan!

Евгений was awarded the badge 'Helpful' and 1 points.

2 hours ago, Metin Seven said:

Спасибо!

Совместимы ли предустановки кистей с новым набором кистей в 3DC 2021?

Кроме того, не по теме, но есть ли способ переключить область просмотра с плавного затенения на граненое затенение (четкие полигоны, без сглаживания нормалей) ?

1.thumb.jpg.9a9d86e1d2b10901c162aa7a2308fcfc.jpg

• Like 1