3DCoat Forums

Newbie Question

MartianGirl

Hi,

Still a newbie to 3dcoat, sorry in advance if this is in the wrong place to post this question.

I have a few questions, I am not sure if my workflow is correct.

What I normally do is take a decimated version of my high res sculpt into 3DCoat as a reference mesh, then I retopo it, I do the uvs from the retopo room and export out as an obj.  Normally that has been working fine.

I recently had some issues as the obj wasn't working for me with something else so I had to change the export to fbx to go into my other programme.

My issue is that I have one model and I need 4 uv maps, which I created and named. so i exported out the retoped model as an fbx but when I took it into sub painter (version 1.71) the uv maps were broken up into lots of different parts....

Could someone point me in the right direction with the uving, I have watched multiple tutorials but still can't see the answer I need. Am I missing a step in the process with uving? 

Thank you in advance.

Hi Carlosan,

Thank you, but this video does not help me. I just upgraded to the new 2021 version of 3dcoat .

I am in the uv room, I have 4 uv sets that I want to export out. Every time I try and export them out  and take in sub painter, it shows lots of layers but only one uv set shows up. I have attached a screen grab to show what I mean.

Screenshot 2021-07-20 at 14.30.10.png

Screenshot 2021-07-20 at 14.30.30.png

Screenshot 2021-07-20 at 14.30.44.png

The Sub-Materials are relative to the UV maps you have in the scene. If you have 2 Sub-Materials, then you have 2 UV maps.

As i see, you have some Retopo Groups (Paint Objects) assigned to UVsets (Surface materials)

You need (on every UVset individually) to merge all Retopo groups UVs to one Retopo group

Look at this video please (some steps are related), hope it help:

Hi Sprayer,

Yes, I was going to test it again, ahh, good idea, I will test that export in an earlier version.I was just hanging around to see any replies in case I am doing something ridiculously obviously wrong.:) Thank you for your reply.

I will try now.