3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Some questions...

Rainydaylover

I have three questions to which I did not be able to find answers in various 3Coat related videos in the Net, so decided to ask here:

1. Is there a way to symmetrize the half of an object which is already modeled? I do know the use of symmetry, when someone begins to model but I do not know how to apply symmetry to an alredy modeled half?

2. Is there a way to flip an object in the exact opposite direction?

3. Through which key of the keyboard do we search brushes (by typing their names)?

Thanks in advance for any help...

Thanks Sprayer, did find the 'symmetry copy' command. As to the 'instancer tool', where is to be found?

And an answer to the third question? Is there a keyboard shortcut dialogue for finding by name the tools in the tool bar? It is very time consuming searching one by one the toolbars. The tools are many and someone forgots easily their place. I do remember there is such a thing in Zbrush... there is a shortcut dialogue where someone can type the brush name, for example, and find it immediately. I wonder if there is some such thing in 3DCoat too.

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Rainydaylover said:

instancer tool'

Tools on the left panel, under Pose

H6yzCJm.png

as for 3. i do not know. all tools is on space key, and there is some keys for choosing, but i find it not very comfortable. by the way you can define hotkey on any command and tools , just hover on it and read popups.

You can also make your preset with tool settings and alphas in Preset panel, it is empty for now, Andrew will add later.

And i did asked Andrew to have search panel for all commands like in 3ds max for example at X key, if many people will asked about that maybe he will do it some day.

13 minutes ago, sprayer said:

Tools on the left panel, under Pose

H6yzCJm.png

as for 3. i do not know. all tools is on space key, and there is some keys for choosing, but i find it not very comfortable. by the way you can define hotkey on any command and tools , just hover on it and read popups.

You can also make your preset with tool settings and alphas in Preset panel, it is empty for now, Andrew will add later.

And i did asked Andrew to have search panel for all commands like in 3ds max for example at X key, if many people will asked about that maybe he will do it some day.

I would really like to see this in a coat - pie menu.Blender add-on review — Pie Menu Editor [$] - BlenderNation

Edited by Barrel

• Advanced Member
44 minutes ago, Barrel said:

I would really like to see this in a coat - pie menu.

In 3dcoat there is much more tools, press space and imagine how this menu should looks. 

Helpful Harrie — modelling in maya part one

And there is similar menu for stencils not very handy imho.

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Some questions...
On 7/27/2021 at 4:58 PM, sprayer said:

In 3dcoat there is much more tools, press space and imagine how this menu should looks. 

Helpful Harrie — modelling in maya part one

And there is similar menu for stencils not very handy imho.

Who said that you need to dump ALL the tools, like a bunch of toys on the floor - in the pie menu? Blender also has a lot of all kinds of buttons, sculpting brushes and so on, but firstly, there is an add-on that allows you to call different menus for different hotkeys, and secondly, in this add-on, all menus can be customized as you like. It is clear that no one will do "everything at once", but, in Crete, for example, the pie menu for brush settings even looks somehow futuristic (and convenient and understandable, at the same time).