3DCoat Forums

Would someone explain this cryptic UI-statement for me ? It offers no ryhme or reason to the result either choice will provide.

erb

Hi,
The attached image mentions scale and position -> which to me means there is possibly alterations to the Object's Transform during import ? 
If I adjusted the transform later, wouldn't I be able to also reset it later ?

Instead of me explaining how many ways I could interpret this perhaps someone would be kind enough to de-crypt this for me by explaining what this is trying to tell me.

Thank You.
Have some patience with my frustrations, I'll pay it forward later. ;)

cryptic_huh.jpg

Press yes to keep scale when asked the question after you press apply or the enter key. When exporting the model the original scale is remembered.

About overall Scene Scale in 3DC, there is no simple answer for that

Related:

Thank you for the link Carlosan, ..the link helped me a bit.
I am starting to see that the best way to learn 3DCoat is to spend your extra time to decipher(pull apart) each feature's processes by testing and re-testing.

I'll try to only post questions when I encounter difficult-issues/roadblocks.
( This post's question may have appeared simple to some people, but I was reaching for a technical answer that perhaps doesn't have a readily available answer in 3DCoat(for many potential reasons)).

• After I become comfortable with 3DCoat, I plan to contribute to the wiki to help others get onboard more easily. 

Thx.

• Advanced Member

I suppose it ask to remember scale because in 3dcoat you have to keep all scene in border of 3d grid to work properly all tools and 3dcoat may scale object for own needs because it calculate density of triangles for dynamic tessellation and other needs. Also you may take model from other software sculpt it and bring it back to another software and replace it , this workflow for photogrammetry fixing mesh and you have to keep scale