3DCoat Forums

Smart materials layers

jimhatama

Go to solution Solved by sprayer,

• Advanced Member

I heard there will be soon node editor for smart materials, and you can mix AO with albedo. 
For now you can mix in photoshop and put texture to color slot.

Also i think you can use inverted AO as opacity with black color on second layer, i think it will be similar result

Edited by sprayer

• Advanced Member
3 minutes ago, sprayer said:

I heard there will be soon node editor for smart materials, and you can mix AO with albedo. 
For now you can mix in photoshop and put texture to color slot

thats not only abt AO. Its abt general workflow. The Smart maetrial should provide standard layer stack with different maps to add and blending modes, like in substance so ppl could mix whatever they want

• Advanced Member
  • Solution
1 minute ago, jimhatama said:

thats not only abt AO. Its abt general workflow. The Smart maetrial should provide standard layer stack with different maps to add and blending modes, like in substance so ppl could mix whatever they want

Many render engines do not have that slot, and not many people using it because you baking on model AO according light and object position it is more accurate than in material. I wrote in previous post workaround