3DCoat Forums

Merging multiple layers and some other questions

Roash

Hi all, I'm new here i hope this is the right section. I just discovered 3dcoat and found its workflow so powerful for concept art prop design. 

I got some questions, so many thanks in advance for the answears:
- I tend to create multiple layers in sculptree. I got a mess every time in sculptree panel, is there any way to merge all selected layers or some sort of it ? I just found the "merge visibile" comand, and I don't like ti very much.
- Is there any way to use a tool on different layers at the same time? I'm referring especially at transpose and transform tool. 

- Sometimes my shaders expose some sort of lines trough the cuts I made along it. Idk why, changing shaders hides this artifacts, any way to avoid it?
-  I love the possibility to paint textures in photoshop, btw if I create a voxel and move into paint room in texture editors I just see floating squares. I guess I'm missing some steps in between, my goal is not having a polished model to use, just a visual 3d concept. So i'd like to skip manual topology and other "real 3d artist stuff", I just need a cool model to express my concepts.

- I'm currently working with a radeon rx 570 4gb and a ryzen 2600 32gb ram, do you suggest me gl or dx version?

I found this program has a lot of potential, keep up the good work.
I know these are a lot of different questions, feel free to answer like you prefer, any advise is great for me now.
Thanks for help!

Hi !

Merge visible is the current tool to merge.

Only transform tool if you create Layer group first

RMB over the shader let you edit the current config for finetunning

Only surface model, no voxels can be vertex paint 1n Pant Room

Latest version is only GL.

Hope this help