3DCoat Forums

[Fixed] Smooth Tool does not appear to be pressure sensitive

Go to solution Solved by Andrew Shpagin,

I've started using 3DCoat 2021.21 on Windows 10 recently, and it seems to me that the Smooth tool (or smoothing when using the Shift key when sculpting) does not appear to respect pen pressure from my Wacom. Pressure sensitivity does work when using other tools though, when sculpting or painting. I've only noticed it when smoothing. 

Anyone else noticed this behaviour?

Kind regards
Andreas

• Thanks 1

• Carlosan changed the title to [Bug] Smooth Tool does not appear to be pressure sensitive
  • 1 month later...
  • Carlosan changed the title to [Fixed] Smooth Tool does not appear to be pressure sensitive
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/26/2021 at 12:47 PM, Andrew Shpagin said:

Corrected in upcoming 56

I tested in 2021.63 and I think that smooth tool not working correctly with pressure from pen. I recorded video and lower is described what I do at a certain time.

0:00 - 0:13 - pen pressure demonstration
0:13 - 0:20 - pressure for radius and hold shift for smooth tool
0:21 - 0:28 - hold shift for smooth tool without pressure for radius
0:47 - 1:15 - hold shift for smooth tool (tiny pressure on pen)
1:16 - 1:20 - select smooth tool from palette
1:20 - 1:39 - pressure for radius and smoothing (working only radius maybe) - increase pressure
1:39 - 1:55 - pressure only for smoothing - tiny pressure = full smoothing (set 84%)
1:56 - 2:07 - pressure only for smoothing - tiny pressure = full smoothing (set 37%)
2:08 - 2:15 - pressure only for smoothing - tiny pressure = full smoothing (set 6%)
2:16 - 2:22 - pressure only for smoothing - tiny pressure = full smoothing (set 100%)
2:25 - 2:58 - pressure only for radius - tiny pressure = full smoothing (set 100%) and radius
2:59 - 3:06 - pressure for radius and smoothing - increase pressure (working only radius maybe)
3:07 - 3:21 - pressure only for smoothing and hold shift for smooth tool - tiny pressure = full smoothing (set 100%)
3:35 - 3:54 - pressure only for smoothing and hold shift for smooth tool - tiny pressure = full smoothing (set variable)
4:00 - 4:19 - pressure only for smoothing and hold shift for smooth tool - tiny pressure dots with pen = full smoothing (set 100%)
4:20 - 4:32 - hold shift for smooth tool without pressure for smoothing - dots with pen = same result as with pressure
4:33 - 4:42 - pressure only for smoothing and hold shift for smooth tool - tiny pressure dots with pen = full smoothing (set 100%)
4:43 - 4:44 - select smooth tool from palette
4:44 - 4:51 - pressure only for smoothing - tiny pressure dots with pen = full smoothing (set 100%)
4:52 - 5:23 - pressure for radius and smoothing - variable pressure = working only radius maybe and software lag???

• Thanks 1

• Carlosan changed the title to Smooth Tool does not appear to be pressure sensitive
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys, I just installed the latest release (2021.70 for Windows) and the sensitivity still does not seem to work.
It's kind of a shame, I really would like to start using 2021, but for now I have to go back to an earlier version to be able to sculpt. Any idea about when this might get fixed?

Kind regards
Andreas

• Sad 1

• Carlosan changed the title to [Bug] Smooth Tool does not appear to be pressure sensitive
  • 2 months later...
  • Carlosan changed the title to [Fixed] Smooth Tool does not appear to be pressure sensitive