3DCoat Forums

No Brush Presets 2021

@Carlosan thank you for the link.  I want to migrate the amScifi A, B, C brushes to work in 2021 but getting mixed results.  It works with on a default sphere but when you have a custom model, the brush does not work.  I think the translation is offset in a weird way.  Is it possible to migrate those brushes properly to 2021, or is there a good way to recreate them with the new brush engine?  Thank you.

@Carlosan I understand the situation.  However, I am not an expert in brush creation.  So I was asking if there is information on showing similarities and differernces between the old brush settings and the new ones.  I tried many things and making cutlines like v4.9 is not possible for me in v2021.  Even in v4.9 there's no way I could have made the am-scifi brushes on my own.

Edited by echoform

@digman  please see the attached image.  The amSciFi brushes were one of the most useful brushes for hard surface panel detail work.  I am very disappointed it is very unstable in v2021.  It makes sense because the new version of 3DCoat does not support live clay brushes anymore.  It would be amazing if you can recreate this.  Thank you so much for your help!

3dCoat_Brush_Sample.jpg

On 7/30/2021 at 2:46 AM, Rygaard said:

Live Clay has been replaced by the powerful new brush system.

Only in some brushes (in surface mode) you will find some settings belonging to Live  Clay such as the Snake Clay brush.
But in the future, I think all brushes will be converted to the new system.

Below I show you the steps on how you can activate the local subdivision option for the new brush system:

image.thumb.png.aeb547099cba60b12a1ebb03734fc3f1.png

@digman  thank you for your efforts.  I think the base foundation is good on your brush settings.  The one thing I wish was possible is a much deeper cut.  If you look at my screenshot, the grooves are much deeper.  I tried to make things deeper when I was experimenting but I could not achieve those results with my limited knowledge.

@Carlosan  thank you for the information.  do you think with the proper settings, it's possible to get very clean results that the amSciFi brushes achieved in 4.9?

• Reputable Contributor

Making a deeper cut is easy. Increase depth of the brush according to your need.  One depth setting is not good for all situations.

I was working on the foundation, producing a clean cut with the edges not too rounded.

deeper.jpg

• Like 1

• Reputable Contributor

I will create a 3DC pack for the brush and the alpha. The alpha creation tool gives much more control over alpha creation now.

Plus top menu settings as well, I will include with some tips.

Tomorrow I can do it and will send them through PM so you can test.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Just wondering, where can I find presets. It's has close to nothing in it. I see so many videos on YouTube that have tons of presets showing. I am new to 3DC, so is there a pack that I had to download or I have to setup the directory in the preference to make all those brush presets available.

Thanks,

AL