Carlosan

• Carlosan featured and pinned this topic
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for posting these videos Carlosan, and thanks to Anton for making them.

I love that they are short and to the point, clearly showing how to get the most out of specific tools.  As a beginner, I would have loved to have a similarly concise video showing me "this is how you start sculpting, this is what you do in the retopo room and where you UV, this is how you take that to the paint room, and this is how you export..."

Just to have a brief overview of the whole workflow (or several different workflows) would have been very helpful. I found plenty of in-depth videos covering most topics, but as a beginner they were beyond what I needed.  I appreciate them much more now, but until I had worked out how to get a model through from start to finish, I just felt like I didn't quite 'get it' and was floundering.

For instruction in martial arts, I had "Whole; part, part, part; whole" drilled into me.  Show the whole thing first, so people can see what the finished technique looks like from start to finish, then break it down into manageable chunks. Then recap to reinforce the whole process again, where the parts will be appreciated.  I get the impression a lot of people find 3DCoat confusing at first, and I think some short tutorials summarising workflows and which buttons to click to move to each next step would be very helpful.  

Just my thoughts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...