3DCoat Forums

AMD-radeon cart 6000x + 3DCoat

control

Hi. Help me decide on the choice of hardware for  pc. At the moment I have a Radeon rx580 video card. I choose between amd 6700-6600xt or nvidia 3060-3060 ti. The program has support for cuda, this should speed up the work in voxel mode. How relevant is my information? Will there really be a performance gain if I install a 3000x graphics card from nvidia? At the moment everything is working fast enough on my processor amd rizen 7, will it be even faster?

3DCoatGL64_ml0LRaTSCa.png

4 minutes ago, control said:

Hi. Help me decide on the choice of hardware for  pc. At the moment I have a Radeon rx580 video card. I choose between amd 6700-6600xt or nvidia 3060-3060 ti. The program has support for cuda, this should speed up the work in voxel mode. How relevant is my information? Will there really be a performance gain if I install a 3000x graphics card from nvidia? At the moment everything is working fast enough on my processor amd ryzen 7, will it be even faster?

3DCoatGL64_ml0LRaTSCa.png

• Reputable Contributor

Performance will be good even if you do not have an NVidia card, because it is highly multi-threaded, and with some Voxel brushes you may not be able to notice any real difference, if you have a robust CPU. I think the one tool where it is most noticeable is CUDA SMOOTH BOOST. That does make smoothing in Voxels much faster, but if you think the AMD card is a better value, then you should not let one small benefit like that be the deciding factor. In Voxel mode, you can always switch to Surface brushes, including the Smoothing brushes like SMOOTH, AND SUPER RELAX, and get very similar performance (if not better) to CUDA SMOOTH BOOST.

When I upgrade to a newer generation card (still using a 1080Ti), I will likely opt for an NVidia card, because of CUDA not only for 3DCoat, but in other Rendering solutions that are CUDA only. Yet, if these are not significant factors for you, then an AMD card can certainly make sense.

• Carlosan changed the title to AMD-radeon cart 6000x + 3DCoat