3DCoat Forums

[Fixed] Sampler tool always pick up the wrong color in Texture Editor ?

I want to pick the color of the texture in the Texture Editor , but the color isn't correct when I pick it up all the time:shok:
(I don’t know if it’s related to my use of dual monitors or whether this model is  UDIM texture or the computer is not in English......etc)
The strange thing is that the gray part outside the wireframe can also be picked to color
Thank you very much if anyone can help me solve this big trouble......:cray:

3Dcoat version:2021.06

error.jpg

error_02.jpg

setting.png

bug_03.png

• Like 1

• Reputable Contributor

Windows version 2021.46

Color picking working on my version of 3DC.

It could be a problem with your uv set...  

Test the default sphere in Per Pixel Painting mode and see if you can pick colors correctly.

I would also upgrade to the newest version as well as Carlosan stated. Many bugs have been squashed. 

3DC now has an updater built into the software now too. User's choice to use it or not.

https://3dcoat.com/forum/index.php?/topic/25785-3dcoat-2021-development-thread/

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, digman said:

Windows version 2021.46

Color picking working on my version of 3DC.

It could be a problem with your uv set...  

Test the default sphere in Per Pixel Painting mode and see if you can pick colors correctly.

I would also upgrade to the newest version as well as Carlosan stated. Many bugs have been squashed. 

3DC now has an updater built into the software now too. User's choice to use it or not.

https://3dcoat.com/forum/index.php?/topic/25785-3dcoat-2021-development-thread/

Thank you very much! I already updated to 2021.47 (see the latest version is this),and I tested the default sphere in Per Pixel Painting mode and it is normal!
But the problem still exists in a model with multiple UV, regardless of the size of the model file or the number of textures ......
(The models in our studio usually use Maya to make UDIM tiles and then export >.obj and import them into 3Dcoat.)

The attached pictures are all failures

UVsetwhenimporting.png

DontUVsetwhenimporting.png

fail01.png

螢幕擷取畫面 2021-09-15 110526.png

• Carlosan changed the title to [Fixed] Sampler tool always pick up the wrong color in Texture Editor ?
  • Advanced Member
On 9/15/2021 at 11:03 AM, Roococo said:

Although we don't know the reason, we just found out that we can get the correct color by pressing the space bar and then pressing V in the Texture Editor.
:blink:Everything suddenly returned to normal miraculously.

i notice the same in some bugs after couple clicks it may work as it should be and never repeat again

• Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...