3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Zoom only works when clicking empty space in viewport ?

bertbertbert8

Go to solution Solved by bertbertbert8,

I'm new to 3D Coat from other software and one thing is really bugging me. The zoom controls only work when I click on a blank space in the view port? Is that right? So if I'm zoomed way in on an object, I have to awkwardly pan over until I find a blank space in order to zoom out? 

Am I missing something? This restriction seems very weird to me.

42 minutes ago, philnolan3d said:

Hold Alt and you can use zoom, pan, rotate any time. Also there's a thin line around the edge of the viewport, outside that line can navigate even if zoomed in close so there's no empty space.

Hmm, so the first thing I did in 3D Coat was change the viewport controls to match default Blender controls. So I zoom with ctrl+MMB. Did that break something? I tried holding Alt as well but I still can't zoom when my cursor is over an object, only when it's in a blank part of the viewport.

• Advanced Member

Did you change key here?
7HAEuGG.jpg

I may suggest to reset setting and check if all works well by default then change the keys. There is many other way to navigate, you may rotate with LMB in nav zone( border around the screen) You also have nav buttons on the top right corner

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Zoom only works when clicking empty space in viewport ?