3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Baking causes 3DCoat to crash

Hi guys,

I'm trying to figure out why 3DCoat keeps crashing every time I attempt to bake. I've used 3DCoat many times in the past to bake my models, but it doesn't seem to want to work for me anymore. My model consists of 17 separate parts. I've tried baking all at once using "name correspondence" and yes the names match. I've also tried baking each part alone. Nothing works. 3DCoat either crashes or nothing shows up in the paint room.

Any suggestions?

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Baking causes 3DCoat to crash
  • 3 months later...
  • Contributor

Crashes here as well, each time I'm trying to bake textures.

The futex facility returned an unexpected error code.
The futex facility returned an unexpected error code.
[1]    30907 IOT instruction (core dumped)  ./3dcoat
  • 3D Coat: 2021.71
  • kernel:  5.15.0-3
  • nvidia-driver: 470.94
  • CUDA: 11.4

I asked support for this issue, this is the answer of Linux support team:

This is a known problem. Technically we can install and maintain only Linux Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. We have built "3DCoat 2021" under Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. "Bake with normal map" works correctly under Linux Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. I have recorded videos to show "Bake with normal map":

Under native Linux Ubuntu 20.04 LTS:

https://pilgway.com/~sergyi/Video/BakeWithNormalMap-Native.mp4

Under Windows 11 Subsystem for Linux:

https://pilgway.com/~sergyi/Video/BakeWithNormalMap-WSL.mp4

Several users reported that "Bake with normal map" crashes on their new Linux distros. Some Linux-user reported that he has solved the problem on his new Linux distro by installing Lutris (this hints that the problem is not inside "3DCoat" code, but inside some system library). Probably to solve the problem "3DCoat 2021" should be compiled under a new Linux distro against new system libraries. But we are unable to do this because there is no way to install any Linux except 20.04 LTS.

After solving the crash under macOS, on which I am working currently, and after releasing a new build for macOS, I will try to install a new Linux distro under a virtual machine to try to build "3DCoat 2021'' under it.

• Thanks 1