3DCoat Forums

3DC content & data

kenmo

• Advanced Member

It appears to me (and I maybe wrong) but the directory structure for earlier versions of 3DC has been changed in 3DC 2021.

Am I wrong?

Is there a way to merge my old 3DC 4.5x content & data with 3DC 2021?

Also looking forward to some new tutorials (hopefully by Abranger) on the new tools.

Really enjoying the 3DC 2021. It simply rocks. Love it guys, please keep up the great work.

Many thanks and looking forward to a reply...

Cheers from Nova Scotia....

Kenmo

Hi Latest versions fixed some issues:

- Fixed problem related to migration master. First, the default source path is correct now. Second, copying smart materials is now correct, there was problem if the images was in folders named using the native language characters. The 4.9 uses ACP, 2021.xx uses UTF-8, so there was incompatibility in textures names. Now names converted correctly.

- Completely new folders structure. Really streamlined and logical as it was proposed in this thread.

Almost all now is split between two folders - data and UserPrefs. As it is logical, UserPrefs is user-created content. Data is sort of temporary stuff. The folder in documents changed, now it is Docs/3DCoat-2021/. Even if the folders structure is changed it is compatible with the previous one. As soon as 3DCoat detects some files copied to the new location in Documents from the old one, it will convert the files to the new structure.

Also, if you will install 3dcpack it will be installed correctly (except presets that use old tools that are not present in the toolset).

• Advanced Member

Carlosan - thanks kindly for the reply. Really appreciate it. However in my "E:\Documents"  folder I have folders "E:\Documents\3DCoat-2021"  and "E:\Documents\3D-CoatV49" and 3DC has not sensed the "3D-CoatV49" and therefore has not converted it over.

Should I merge the content of the two folders into "E:\Documents\3DCoat-2021" ? And how do I copy the content of the 3D-CoatV49 folder with it's older directory structure over to the new directory structure of 3DCoat-2021?

Is there not a new tutorial explaining how to do this?

Surely if 3DC can take the time to create a Rhino sculpting video they can take the time to create videos about the fundamental issues like this.

Again many thanks & cheers

Kenmo

• Advanced Member

Migration Master? I completely forgot about it. Will give it a try. Many thanks...

You are fast becoming my most favorite person in Argentina ever.... :-)

Edited by kenmo

• Advanced Member

Seems to have worked. 20 gbs of my 25 gbs data where copied over. Is there a log that shows what was left behind? I have a few kitbash kits I purchased from Gumroad & Artstation as well as some greebles I've modeled myself over the years in Wings3D, Hexagon, Silo3D, 3DC & MOI3D.

Cheers again and many thanks for your kindness.

Kenmo

• Thanks 1