3DCoat Forums

Is it possible to make 3d model printable with just 4 refference photos of face from diffirent angles

Vanja

• Reputable Contributor

Not in any automated way that I know of.
you need to sculpt the head based on the references.
If you print in colour, you will need to project/paint the pictures to your sculpt.

Google sculpting a head from reference. there are plenty of them I think on youtube. the software they use does not really matter.

12 minutes ago, Silas Merlin said:

Not in any automated way that I know of.
you need to sculpt the head based on the references.
If you print in colour, you will need to project/paint the pictures to your sculpt.

Google sculpting a head from reference. there are plenty of them I think on youtube. the software they use does not really matter.

Yeah i thought of hiring someone when i have more pictures and hopefully ,from the side profile of face , i heard thats important also i dont have that hope its possible without side profile ,also i know that no programm is actually capable of doing that without tousands of pictures,but some good 3d modeler would i guess

• Reputable Contributor
4 minutes ago, Vanja said:

Yeah i thought of hiring someone when i have more pictures and hopefully ,from the side profile of face , i heard thats important also i dont have that hope its possible without side profile ,also i know that no programm is actually capable of doing that without tousands of pictures,but some good 3d modeler would i guess

Yes, sculptor can do it with few pictures.
You can probably find someone to do that in this community.

However, If you have the possibility of taking more pictures of the subject, then your best bet is to hire someone to do photogrammetry.

What area of the world does the subject live in, what is your budget, how much detail do you want, and can the person you hire meet the subject for a photoshoot.
I think those are the questions that matter.
Then I can ask if there is someone willing to do the job in a 3d-scanning community.

9 minutes ago, Silas Merlin said:

Yes, sculptor can do it with few pictures.
You can probably find someone to do that in this community.

However, If you have the possibility of taking more pictures of the subject, then your best bet is to hire someone to do photogrammetry.

What area of the world does the subject live in, what is your budget, how much detail do you want, and can the person you hire meet the subject for a photoshoot.
I think those are the questions that matter.
Then I can ask if there is someone willing to do the job in a 3d-scanning community.

Great ,well im not planning soon because of my budget i dont know how micb that would be and no ill not meet subject so itll be more difficult but i will have more pictures thats for sure