3DCoat Forums

[Solved] 3DCoat with Windows 11

nobackup

Go to solution Solved by Richard A.,

• Advanced Member
  • Solution
Carlosan
This post was recognized by Carlosan!

Richard A. was awarded the badge 'Helpful' and 1 points.

The funny thing with all the hallaballoo with Windows 11 is that folks think it's a completely different OS.  It's not, it's basically Windows 10.5.  I installed it yesterday and it's fine.  All my programs work fine including 3DCoat.  The only thing I hate and I'm sure there will be an update is that I run a dual monitor and when the OS first boots up all the icons and folders are over on the smaller monitor and then the system refreshes after a minute and it's all spread back out and in order as it should be.  So that's my only niggle with 11 so far. 

PS, you don't have to reinstall ANYTHING!  

So don't worry!  

Edited by Richard A.
  • Thanks 1

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] 3DCoat with Windows 11
  • Advanced Member
8 hours ago, Richard A. said:

The funny thing with all the hallaballoo with Windows 11 is that folks think it's a completely different OS.  It's not, it's basically Windows 10.5.  I installed it yesterday and it's fine.  All my programs work fine including 3DCoat.  The only thing I hate and I'm sure there will be an update is that I run a dual monitor and when the OS first boots up all the icons and folders are over on the smaller monitor and then the system refreshes after a minute and it's all spread back out and in order as it should be.  So that's my only niggle with 11 so far. 

PS, you don't have to reinstall ANYTHING!  

So don't worry!  

Oh that's good to hear.  I think I'll just go ahead with 11 then - thanks for your input!

• Advanced Member

Good.  There are changes to the context menu so look out for that too.  I actually like it for the most part, it's all truncated but there is a little bit on the bottom that allows you to expand it fully with all the right click menu entries.  I really like the cut, copy, paste, delete and rename icons for that.  Right up at the top and pretty easy to remember!  Have fun! 

• Advanced Member