3DCoat Forums

Grishnahk Bust - Feedback and Help wanted!

syunikiso

Hello!

I'm trying to finish this guy again and I was thinking about using 3DCoat's Render room to generate the final output.

However I don't know how to create the eye lens/refractive material and also the opacity map for the hair cards. Are these possible inside 3DCoat?

If yes, how you guys do it?

Thanks in advance!

VQXIl8d.png

Sup!

First of, thank you very much for the help.

I believe I got the glass material working (and it works fine in the viewport), but when I go to the render room, it turns the eye black, but only the area with the eye color.

What you guys think that it can be?

8lc678B.png

1zi9mYp.png

On 11/19/2021 at 7:01 AM, Carlosan said:

Paint room > Layer > Blending mode

Change Standard Blend, 3DC use a general shader system.

Shader surfaces cant be assigned by mesh so no glass or transparent nodes are available by Material. 

Sorry man, I didn't get it :( You mean change the blend mode for any other option? It didn't seem to work, actually. 

What I should do exactly? The glass work when it has nothing inside the mesh, but get this black spot in the blue area of the eyeball. If I change the blending mode it will make the glass "transparent"?

Edited by syunikiso

Hey Carlosan, 

I'm using a glass material that I bought from michaelgrds, so I believe I can't share it. However, I'm leaving the link of the eye meshes here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/r1no0fzssgxcw7w/Eye.zip?dl=0 .

I'm using v2021.21.

Thanks in advance ^_^

• Advanced Member

It looks like render engine restriction, transparent object still dropping full shadow and producing this black shadow, not sure why only on this convex shape, but you may trace this if you turn off shadow in render settings. The render engine in 3dcoat very old, i hope Andrew will bring most popular embree raytracing someday. Very like how it works in MagicaVoxel.

Anyway what you trying to achieve with two mesh you may achieve with single mesh and fake a bit, you need just to add base texture and Fresnel reflection with falloff it should looks very similar. Also i am sure it is possible in node system to add reflective coating. Sorry i am not expert in 3dcoat rendering as i am using for that corona renderer in 3ds max

Edited by sprayer
  • Like 1

Hi guys,

Thank you very much for your efforts. 

Using Carlosan's scene, I got these results:

With "No shadow" turned off:

3iozWgO.png

With "No Shadows" turned on:

u2qrRho.png

Which is exactly what I'm trying to achieve, but then the shadows of the other objects cease to exist.

Are there ways to use the "No Shadows" option just in one object in the painting room?