3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Storing scene scale

poeboi

Go to solution Solved by Carlosan,

• Contributor

Hello,

when I open a 3DCoat project as a new session, and import an object, I get the prompt to preserve the scale of the object for export (Yes or No). Clicking "Yes" will ostensibly scale the entire scene — and in my experience when exporting, the relative size of the object imported into 3DCoat is maintained 1:1 in the origin app when exporting from 3DCoat. This is a great and very essential feature and saves a ton of scaling work or messing about with units, etc.

However, here's my quesiton: Is this scale stored anywhere? Is it possible to persist it between sessions, like "loading" this scale setting for instance when working with something that is intended to be sent to Blender or something?

I can find FBX export units mm/cm/m but not anything like scene scale anywhere. I'd much appreciate any info on where I can find something like current scene scale relative to default scene scale, or change it, if it exists

Thank you for your time and any responses

Edited by poeboi
typo

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Storing scene scale