3DCoat Forums

3D Voxels: volumetric texture painting

davide445

• Reputable Contributor

Thank you so much for .35
This is all very exciting.

Is there a way to get this setting in Sculpt room ? image.png.571d03faeed99e14056cd4b04181cd22.png
I don't know where it should be, but at least for the projector "fill layer with projection" and for when you go from surface vertex painting to voxels volumetric painting.

---

Could 3d-Coat possibly remember the "UseVoxelColor" setting separately for different copies of a single tool ?
here is an example, I have two copies of Wet Clay, one that I use as Vox Hide. I want to use voxel color on the regular Wet Clay, but not on the Vox Hide copy image.png.9f2da3765ad107978590e214f8af6df1.png

The reason is that when UseVoxelColor is activated on the Vox Hide Wet Clay, then if I hold CTRL to unhide, I get the new color instead of the old one.

Edited by Silas Merlin
  • Like 1

@Silas Merlin Depth value modify metalness, is this parameter working correctly for you ?

//edit

- On Paint room 
i can turn off Depth channel, can toggle color off (RMB over color selector) and paint metalness varying the roughness.

- On Sculpt room: 
if i set opacity = 0, metalness channel is not painted (same about roughness)
if i set depth = 0, and opacity = 100, metalness channel is not painted (same about roughness)
cant turn off color.

• Reputable Contributor
16 minutes ago, Carlosan said:

@Silas Merlin Depth value modify metalness, is this parameter working correctly for you ?

I don't understand what "depth value modify metalness" is and where it is located.

That said, volumetric painting does work with roughness and metalness for me, and it does paint those according to the "voxel paint depth" value.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Reputable Contributor

There is a problem if you use "act as vox hide" with volumetric painting :
When you hold CTRL and brush on an area that has nothing hidden, you get these artifacts

image.png.7275773522787a0799a99361170b686d.png

I still think it would be better to have the option to disable colored voxels independent of other tools when you are using "act as voxhide".

• 1 month later...

On 8/13/2022 at 5:52 AM, Silas Merlin said:

Just for information, I finally solved a problem I have had since the integration of paint tools in sculpt room :

Soon after, the paint tools disappeared from sculpt room for me and I have been unable to bring them back until today.
It so happens that I often "restore workspace" because there is no way to lock the panels in place, which makes it easy to lose your layout by misclicking.
So... as soon as I restored my workspace to a workspace that was stored before the appearance of paint tools... they vanished.

When you right click in the left tool bar you get the option to "show all tools in this section", but there is no option to "show all sections", therefore I was never able to get the paint tools section back.

Today I tried "Reset this page to default" in the Windows menu. This brought the paint tools back in sculpt room.

• 1 month later...
  • Reputable Contributor

I have currently about 30 GB of free space on C:
All the projects I have been working on have volumetric paint in them. I am not sure my problem is due to volumetric paint, but I am just assuming it is for no good reason other than this started with volumetric paint and I am using it always.
As time goes by (few hours), the disk space shrinks.
Eventually, 3d-Coat is unable to save a file. When I am lucky I get this warning, but it is not always the case. (I'm careful and double check before closing, so it's no big deal)image.png.a62b47559879d45535ae36e0ff1abe42.png

In order to free up the space, I have to close the file, and then open a fresh instance of 3d-Coat and close it.

Edited by Silas Merlin
  • Confused 1

• 1 month later...