3DCoat Forums

[Fixed] 2D - Paint brush jagged and broken edge after patch 2021-76

Go to solution Solved by Andrew Shpagin,

Hi,

My name is Norris, I want to report a 2D-paint bug that affects my main workflow quite a lot. So I have updated the 2021-78 patch today and was doing the usual 2D-paint brush I have been using all the time since V4. I am having annoying jagged edge brush quality, I tried all the 2D-paint settings including very small spacing and a maximum steady stroke, but those don't fix the problem. I have tested 3 of my machines and they all have the same problem. I have also tested all other patches and I found this problem appears since 2021-76 patch which has the "Voxel engine sped up" fix. I guess this is what messes up the brush quality. 2D- paint is my main voxel concepting tool and without the good brush quality, it will be a huge discourage for me using 3Dcoat. Below image are comparison images of the 2021-78 patch with the 2021-75 patch(before the problem).

Build - 2021-78
Tool - 2D-paint

bug_01.JPG

bug_02.JPG

bug_03.JPG

bug_04.JPG

Edited by Norris Lin
  • Thanks 1

• Carlosan changed the title to [Fixed] 2D - Paint brush jagged and broken edge after patch 2021-76