3DCoat Forums

[Feature] few important things for the paint room

Just a user

Hello

Coming from substance painter, there are few features that are very important that i think 3d coat paint is lacking (maybe i don't know how to add them)

1. converting many paint layers to a single smart material in a click. will help for games, where you create very detailed smart materials that are the result of 100+ layers and re use them 

2. Add Masks and generators. (to create those complex materials mention above). To have materials that look hand painted without ever touch them with brush, (no brush = get good result on any object by drug and drop, like if you ware using a brush on everyone)  
Cavity don't give layer's control over spread, size, softens, details etc. So cavity control in 3D coat is behaving like if you take the most basic generator in substances, and allow only one of its controls (out of many)

So i see in 3D coat you can add dirt material, and then right click on it and "fill" all the layer. or use the brush. but no generator with a mask. those generators in substance give a lot of control over size and spread behavior of the procedural dirts, stacking many of them together gives a really good look very fast without brushing urself. 
I was using this on layers of paint and everything, not only dirt ofc. 

So in the end, you can speed up the creation time of a very complex material even more ( a lot more..)

are those features planned for 3d coat in the near future ? 

If those options does exist in 3D coat i would be happy to see any tutorial about them, i search all tutorials on YT

3D coat is amazing, love using it a lot. thanks for all the hard work guys. 

Edited by Just a user
  • Thanks 1

• Just a user changed the title to few important things for the paint room
  • Carlosan changed the title to [Feature] few important things for the paint room