3DCoat Forums

What brush should i use in 2021 to apply a displacement map?

polynut

• Advanced Member

I have tried many and not a single one is giving me the correct displacement according to levels of grey. In 4.9.72 there was the gum brush that was shown in a stencil tutorial but there is no gum brush anymore.

I have an obelisk and i need to apply the hieroglyph displacement map i made for it and so far i am wasting an insane amount of time just trying to get it stamp on the model.

In blender the displacement is showing perfectly but the problem is that i cannot sculpt a 10 millions poly model in blender.

Any tips on how to achieve this would be welcome

• Advanced Member

I have tried almost every single brush and settings and i can't get a clean displacement like in Blender so far but my problem is that blender is not fast enough with a 14 millions poly model. So i will export it and finish it in 3d coat for the damage sculpt part.

Just a pity that there is not a single tutorial for 3d coat dealing with stencils and how to do a clean displacement, the tutorials on stencil are very basic and don't go in detail on technical aspect of brush settings for displacement technique.