3DCoat Forums

Better 3D coat modes quick access

Ratchet

• Advanced Member

The very left scrollbox for 3D coat modes is very unpractical when you have to switch many times between sculpt mode and retopo for example.

This example shows how much easier it would be to quick access 3D coat modes, just by clicking on top zone under menu.

quick-access-main-modes.jpg

Edited by Ratchet

• Advanced Member
9 hours ago, AbnRanger said:

Honestly, it's best to just assign hotkeys to the workspaces and invoke them this way. It's much faster and efficient than clicking tabs in the UI. The tabs were removed in 3DC 2021 to help reduce UI clutter.

please!!! , this would help so much .... ive been saying  for ages now that seperate rooms to have seperate hotkeys...

it would 100% improve low poly modelling and retopology

• Reputable Contributor
10 hours ago, Elemeno said:

please!!! , this would help so much .... ive been saying  for ages now that seperate rooms to have seperate hotkeys...

it would 100% improve low poly modelling and retopology

I think Andrew wants to leave it up to the user to decide which hotkeys they want to assign to the Workspaces...which you can easily do. Just go to the list menu with the Workspaces listed and as you hover over one you want to assign a hotkey to, you hit the END key and make the assignment. It's that simple. I assigned F-keys to the ones I use most.