3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Viewport locking does not work with 3D Space mouse compact

Sqwert

Go to solution Solved by Andrew Shpagin,

• Sqwert changed the title to Viewport locking does not work with 3D Space mouse compact

On Preferences > 3D Mouse

You can test switching on
Use 3D-Connexion API from 3D-Coat 4.xx: Use older version of 3D-Connexion API. It is not recommended because in some cases it may lead to additional lags if you use wireless devices (mouse, pen, keyboard). But if the new API does not work for you - please use older one.

3DCoat takes all that settings from the Control panel of the 3D-Connexion device, so no need for many settings there. 
So press the device settings/menu button and edit the settings there. Pay attention, rotation around the vertical axis is in Advanced settings -> Navigation modes -> Lock horizon.

My default setting was "use API from 4.xx", using this setting the views are not locked in Ortho Front/Back etc

When I switch that setting off in 3D mouse menu, the view lock does work as intended.

But after the switch, setting "reverse" in the Devices Advanced settings has no effect in 3Dcoat. That means my controls are always reversed making navigation impossible.

It seems 3DCoat does not take this setting from the 3D connection device

Edited by Sqwert

• 3 weeks later...
  • Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Viewport locking does not work with 3D Space mouse compact