3DCoat Forums

[Bug] Pose tool behaves odd in Normal Extrude mode

• Advanced Member

Hi,

When I use the Pose tool in Normal Extrude mode on a Voxel layer, it behaves oddly:

noname-side.thumb.png.38efc129bcc7cf1839a1ae6d42c36e42.png

When I exit the Pose tool and press Enter to revoxelize, then activate the Pose tool again, it works as expected:

noname.thumb.png.0c66a5a04590587d025c628bc8e546af.png

@Silas Merlin told me that it is probably due to having used a Surface-type tool (Clay / Draw) right before initiating the Pose tool, but that should have been fixed in the latest 3DC 2021 version(s). There should be auto-revoxelization before and/or after using the Pose tool.

Edited by Metin Seven
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Reputable Contributor
17 minutes ago, Metin Seven said:

Hi,

When I use the Pose tool in Normal Extrude mode on a Voxel layer, it behaves oddly:

When I exit the Pose tool and press Enter to revoxelize, then activate the Pose tool again, it works as expected:

@Silas Merlin told me that it is probably due to having used a Surface-type tool (Clay / Draw) right before initiating the Pose tool, but that should have been fixed in the latest 3DC 2021 version(s). There should be auto-revoxelization before using the Pose tool.

To me there should be voxelization when EXITING a surface tool in voxel mode.

• Like 1

• Carlosan changed the title to [Bug] Pose tool behaves odd in Normal Extrude mode

i had this same issue come up on the latest beta last night. i had no idea the pose tool even cared what surface type it was manipulating. my intuition told me to try doing the pose in vox mode because when i got these glitches in the masking i was in surface mode. just had no idea. it would be great if pose worked consistently no matter what data type it was manipulating. pose is a major tool for many sculpting operations especially hard surface so it really should work all the time in any mode.

so some further info after testing today, it was having symmetry on that caused the glitches for me. when i turned off symmetry it functioned as expected with no glitch. so maybe pose needs to work better with symmetry instead. 

Edited by marsmotion
more info came to me as i was working
  • Like 1

• Carlosan changed the title to [Bug] Pose tool behaves odd in Normal Extrude mode