3DCoat Forums

[Bug] 3DCoat to knald bridge for curvature/Height as curvature bakes

Vexod14

• Advanced Member

Hello there !

I'm once again coming with the tile plane issue that seems unsovable. As a reminder, that's what happens everytime you try to use baking tools over overlapped UVs. The tile plane is a great use case, as it can be used to create tiling textures using the artistic touch you can provide thanks to how cool are 3D-Coat painting tools :

349014937_IssueAOCurvatureBakingOverlapp.thumb.gif.9b9f0765387a22df0c15133b3b21edf8.gif

To overcome the problem, I export the tiled texture as a tangent normalmap and I import it into Knald, which generates easily curvature, height...etc
The problem is I have to do this every time I modify the texture in 3DCoat, so there would be 2 solution that might help a lot :
- Fix the issue once and for all, so we no longer need Knald. 3DCoat baking tools are more various, and the curvature is simply the best one we can have in the game industry. Imagine how cool it would be if we could use it !
- Make a bridge that would send the normal in a temp folder, opens it in knald, and returns you a height and a curvature
- Bonus : allows a layer to be tagged as curvature in its properties or in right click. So we could use the heightmap with ease (it's actually feasible, but not efficient to do as it's a bit McGyver-ish)

• Thanks 1

• Carlosan changed the title to 3DCoat to knald bridge for curvature/Height as curvature bakes
  • Carlosan changed the title to [Bug] 3DCoat to knald bridge for curvature/Height as curvature bakes