3DCoat Forums

[Fixed] Bug report- 2D paint - not able to tap to create volume

Hi, I would like to record a bug that I found across all 2022 version. (This bug is not existed in 2021 version)
When using 2D paint, I won't be able to do a simple tap to draw or create a volume, I would have to drag a short distance in order to create a volume. It is very inconvenience when I just want to draw a circle shape with a circle alpha on a certain precise position. I have included 2 videos showing the problem. The first video is the 2022 version showing the bug. The second video is the 2021 version without the bug. Hopefully this will be resolve in the next patch.
Thank you very much.

Norris 

• Thanks 1

It has been a week and I just tested all the 2022 version (2022.1~2022.6) and it seem the problem still exists. 
I have been using 3Dcoat since 2016 (from the old version 4.7 until now)and 2D paint is always been my major design tool I use, but I have never have this issue before.
I hope this issue will be taken into account for the future build since it ruins my entire workflow.
Thank you!

Norris

Thanks for the reply. I have tried everything setting under the tool option panel for 2D paint but everything seems to fix that.

Btw, the second video I uploaded with the steady stroke set to 5 is 2021 version.

On version 2021 or before that, even Steady stroke is on and set to maximum, it still worked fine.

I have tried steady stroke setting on/off or any amount on 2022, but it doesn't seem to fix that.

I am curious if you are having the problem? 
I have tried 3 of my PC and they all have the same issue.
I am teaching a 3Dcoat for concept art class and all the students using the 2022 version have the same issue.

Norris

Edited by Norris Lin

• Carlosan changed the title to [Fixed] Bug report- 2D paint - not able to tap to create volume