3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Is the Surface Bevel Tool available ?

alexn007

Go to solution Solved by alexn007,

• Contributor

Hi, I saw this post regarding the new Bevel Tool, but I don't seem to have it. Just wondering if it's not out yet or if I need to enable it somehow. I'm working in Surface mode like the video says, but still not seeing it.  Anyway, seems like a super powerful feature, so I'm just excited to try it out :D

Here's the link to the post I'm referring to.

• Contributor

I'm sorry, but I don't know what to tell you... It's not there for me. I've even tried installing with the full integrity install option. I'm sure I'm not the only one that must have this issue.  It's awesome that it's working for you, but it's not for me. Do I need to completely uninstall 3dcoat from my PC, and reinstall from scratch or something? I'm open to any suggestions.

Here's what I see.

image.thumb.png.cc4a15e78d20ad2c858966a571375af4.png

Edited by alexn007

• Contributor
  • Solution

OK, I found the issue. I had saved a workspace for my layout in sculpt room. This apparently causes issues. I tried to restore it to the default workspace for the sculpt room, and now I see it.  This seems like it might possibly be a bug, since I would not expect it to lock the tools from any updates. Not sure though if that's an expected behavior, so I'm just throwing that out there. Thanks all for trying to help out, very appreciated.

Edited by alexn007

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Is the Surface Bevel Tool available ?