3DCoat Forums

Navigation with mouse not working properly on my Windows 10 install of latest demo

mlmckenzie

I downloaded the latest demo of 3Dcoat for Windows and when I attempt to navigate the scene via the mouse and keyboard shorcuts it does not work and when I click drag the cube it actually ERASES the pixels of the cube.  I tried this on a Mac install of the demo and it works as it should.  Any ideas on what is causing this on Windows?

• 4 weeks later...

Yes I have tried this with the latest demo version yesterday and still have the same problem.  I can only navigate the scene viewport by using the appropriate controls in the upper right for moving the camera view around.  This is really frustrating as I would love to buy 3DCoat if I could get it to work properly.

• 3 months later...

I have not heard from anyone on this issue yet I have purchased the newest version and had hoped that perhaps the full version would perhaps fix this problem but alas it continues.  The direct interaction with navigating the view via the mouse and the Alt key has absolutely no effect.  I do have a 3D Space Mouse and that does allow me to Rotate, Pan and Zoom the scene but I am still very unhappy that this problem with the mouse remains.  I hope that now as an actual paying customer someone will take a look at this problem

It is very strange that on the same computer the mouse navigation controls work just fine in the 3DCoat Print version of the software.  ????? There is something very wrong here and it is really starting to make me angry.

Edited by mlmckenzie

• 2 weeks later...

On Preferences > 3DMouse 
Turn on use 3D-Connexion API from 3D-Coat 4.xx:

To use older version of 3D-Connexion API it is not recommended because in some cases it may lead to additional lags if you use wireless devices (mouse, pen, keyboard).

But if the new API does not work for you please use older one.