3DCoat Forums

Last check before V3 release

Ack! I saw the button at the bottom of the left toolbar and thought "hey what's this do?", then I pushed it and the tools disappeared. So now I know how to do that, how do I get them back?

Edit: OK I found it in the Preferences.

• Advanced Member
Ack! I saw the button at the bottom of the left toolbar and thought "hey what's this do?", then I pushed it and the tools disappeared. So now I know how to do that, how do I get them back?

Edit -> Preference -> Hide left tools panel

But I don't think it's a good idea to switch it on/off via preference panel, would be great to be able to switch it on/off directly in workspace.

Regards,

akira.

• Advanced Member

Quadrangulate for per pixel still causes it to lock up mid process

it says I'm missing cudart.DLL or something like that, I wonder if that's the reason why?

Vista 64bit CUDA

Also importing an .obj gives artifacts I'll try to show pictures.

and the merge retopo for per pixel doesn't seem to bake normals properly like it did in the 87 RC

• Advanced Member

This is not the best picture of the baking of the retopo, but you can make out a little difference in the seems. The default lighting between 87 RC and 3.00.04 seems different but the normals themselves are also different - I think it looks better in 87RC, a bit smoother. There are more drastic differences but this is the picture I have, maybe someone else experiences the same thing or am I imagining it?

post-1190-1244322279_thumb.png

Is there an option to set your default shader? I'd like mine to be one of the clays probably?

And it seems it only artifacts on obj import sometimes I'll try to find another example of it.

thanks program is getting better and better! I'm buying my copy As soon as I borrow someone's credit card as I haven't got one of my own. ^^

• Contributor

I seem to be being left behind all the time---I only pop into the site occasionally!

Andrew said Version 3.00.04 is now up.

Where do I find that to download please.

Brian

• Advanced Member
This is not the best picture of the baking of the retopo, but you can make out a little difference in the seems. The default lighting between 87 RC and 3.00.04 seems different but the normals themselves are also different - I think it looks better in 87RC, a bit smoother. There are more drastic differences but this is the picture I have, maybe someone else experiences the same thing or am I imagining it?

post-1190-1244322279_thumb.png

It was a bug that has been fixed since 3.00.01

"Found bug in Merge for per pixel painting in Retopo tool and fixed (extra smoothing was applied to mesh)

6:59 AM May 30th"

The most easy way is to install no-CUDA version. Anyway it will work faster on your setup.

Installed the no-CUDA version 64 bit. The Direct X still doesn't works but the OpenGL version did start. I finally could start to test 3D Coat. All I can say is WOW!!! Very intuitive interface. So far I've been playing with the retopo tools and they are a joy to work with!!!

• Advanced Member

Thanks Andrew!

Ver 3.04 is much more faster.

Before rotating huge meshes gives lag,now anymore.

Also the move brush is faster,more smooth.

I still have some holes when using it,not always but sometimes at the end of the stroke(for helping understanding look here

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/1582/holesb.jpg

btw,performances are improved a lot,thanks.

Bye

Thanks Andrew!

Ver 3.04 is much more faster.

Before rotating huge meshes gives lag,now anymore.

Also the move brush is faster,more smooth.

I still have some holes when using it,not always but sometimes at the end of the stroke(for helping understanding look here

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/1582/holesb.jpg

btw,performances are improved a lot,thanks.

Bye

Thanks! At least something good about performance :) !

What about move - it could be sooo cool to have some way to reproduce it.

Anyway , I will try.

• Advanced Member

V3.00.04 CUDA DX64

Yay, no more crashes above 15m voxels :yahoo: Was able to get to 64m and still very workable. Brushes are fast, navigation not so but still workable.

Undo at that resolution is awfully slow though (about 30 seconds).

Layers in DP are fast now, a joy to work tith. Thanks alot !

Franck.

I'm loosing my retopo mesh when activating symmetry across X. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong. Seems straightforward just selecting symmetry but my work just disappears plus the plane seems to be uncentered.

post-1621-1244388453_thumb.jpg

• Advanced Member
I'm loosing my retopo mesh when activating symmetry across X. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong. Seems straightforward just selecting symmetry but my work just disappears plus the plane seems to be uncentered.

http://www.3d-coat.com/forum/index.php?s=&...ost&p=20638

About the symmetry plane you can reset it under symmetry menu or press "tab" to adjust the position of the plane.

I really hope Andrew can make the feature "sync displacement with Ext. editor",now only color can sync with Ext. edtor!

The problem is that I am using 8-bit PSD that is not good for exporting depth.

As soon as I will utilize 16-bit PSD I will do that feature.

OR - I can use 32 bit EXR or TIFF files.

Anyway - after release. I know this is important feature.

I will do possibility to sync all - depth and specular but slightly later.

Try making the retopo mesh on the right side instead of left.

• Advanced Member
The problem is that I am using 8-bit PSD that is not good for exporting depth.

As soon as I will utilize 16-bit PSD I will do that feature.

OR - I can use 32 bit EXR or TIFF files.

Anyway - after release. I know this is important feature.

I will do possibility to sync all - depth and specular but slightly later.

Great to hear that,now I import and export between photoshop and 3dc with TIFF files for displacement map!

Sad! quadrangulations for pixel painting an other still don't work on non-CUDA 32bits version DX and OpGl

Andrew said he would fix this, for now just put a folder called Temp in the install directory. That will fix it. You don't even have to restart 3DC.

Updated to 3.00.05

Changes:

- Manual updated (but not 100% final)

- Render improvements: DOF will be applied to DP objects as well, correct rendering to TGA with alpha channel, "Show images folder" button and "Hide guides" button to hide grids and different guides

- Fixed: in Incremental rendering mode other objects then current was updated incorrectly while drawing (reported by adrian)

- Fixed custom navigation bug (random falling to default scheme reported by Frankie)

- I have made gizmo in transform tool to be the almost same as in cube primitive (slightly improved, because functionality is different)

- Slighly altered primitives tool to avoid artefacts in pose tool.

- Fixed: crash when depth is 0 in rapid brush

-Topological symmetry will work well in DP mode with triangles too (but only when triangles are rare)

-Layers masking by other layer works correctly in DP mode

(for translators - there is several new lines of text, database on site updated too)

Tomorrow - release!