3DCoat Forums

How to remove annoying cross hair

geo_n

• Advanced Member

This looks like an import scale issue again for 3dcoat.

I import a lwo file in meter scale in 3dc 4 and open that 3b file in 3dc 2022 there's no huge gizmo. 

I import the same exact lwo file in 3dc 2022 and the gizmo is huge. Use fixed scene is checked. Measure units mm.

Edit, I then opened the 3d2022 3b file that had the huge gizmo in 3dc 4 and it too had a huge gizmo in 3dc 4.
So it's a 3dc 2022 scene scale error as usual.
What's the best import scale that keeps meter in 3dc 2022 without having brush or gizmo issues?

Edited by geo_n

• Advanced Member

The 1 meter cube from lwo is 1 mm in 3dcoat. That's why the cursor is huge.

There is no option in preference I/O for import scale. There's only an option for  fbx export
This issue doesn't exist in 3dc 4
image.png.b8cb4d8aaae1c975a76b56a23f382df7.pngscale.

• Advanced Member
21 hours ago, Carlosan said:

It is on version 2022

image.png

Fixed scene scale to 100? What is the description or explanation why we need to put 100?   Would be easier to just make 3dc work seamlessly when it's in meters, it imports and exports in meters, etc. This reminds me of the confusion in 3dmax between unit scene scale and display scale. :D

I use 100, but it is not mandatory. You can change its value as needed.

I only was replying your sentence: There is no option in preference I/O for import scale.

The option is built in, it is up to each user to use the different options.

• Advanced Member
20 hours ago, Carlosan said:

I use 100, but it is not mandatory. You can change its value as needed.

I only was replying your sentence: There is no option in preference I/O for import scale.

The option is built in, it is up to each user to use the different options.

But do you know the explanation why there's a checkbox for fixed scene scale and another input for numerical setting?
It's very confusing. Instead 3dc should just use scale with dropdown, metric(mm,cm,m,km)  And international(inch, feet)  and adjust all scene settings, brush settings, viewport settings according to the the chosen scale. :D

• Advanced Member

use fixed scene scale checked, scale 100.   The 1m cube is +0.90mm

image.thumb.png.d58a75a58c00c6218412d7b44f82547b.png
image.png.b7b8cf477ef00771a96c4e21ba64bfc7.pngimage.png.b7b8cf477ef00771a96c4e21ba64bfc7.png

I changed measure unit to meters that says only affects display and no actual scene scaling happens. Cube becomes meter units +0.9m from 0.90mm :D
That's just wrong and confusing. +900 mm and +0.9m should be shown in the 3dc when switching display units not .90mm and .9m with the same exact cube.

image.thumb.png.129add7b0ec2168c90bb50059c0aef89.png

image.png.254e402cc4096802b30665b3b1d9913d.png

Edited by geo_n

Cube was imported or it is the default cube ?
Mimic other software, yes. It will be a better scale options.
Thinking as texture/sculpt app (like zbrsuh) this is relative.
I have 1,1,1mts cube scene saved to begin working on any project that need that measure.

Its an easy and fast way to keep dimension right without think on Prefs settings.

(A setting of 100 scene scale and set to meters will import Blender models with a 1 to 1 ratio. The default 2 meter Blender cube will import into 3DC as a 2 meter cube. Also when exporting from 3DC, the importing of the model into Blender will be correct.)

- 2 Mts cube

Paint_room_scale.3b

image.png

• Advanced Member
On 4/13/2022 at 9:54 PM, Carlosan said:

Cube was imported or it is the default cube ?
Mimic other software, yes. It will be a better scale options.
Thinking as texture/sculpt app (like zbrsuh) this is relative.
I have 1,1,1mts cube scene saved to begin working on any project that need that measure.

Its an easy and fast way to keep dimension right without think on Prefs settings.

(A setting of 100 scene scale and set to meters will import Blender models with a 1 to 1 ratio. The default 2 meter Blender cube will import into 3DC as a 2 meter cube. Also when exporting from 3DC, the importing of the model into Blender will be correct.)

- 2 Mts cube

Paint_room_scale.3b 2.79 MB · 0 downloads

image.png

It's imported model in metric scale 1m cube.

I tried your file. It's really strange to switch "measure units" in 3dc. It's like using generic units. Can't really use 3dc 2022 for poly modelling if scaling is so strange.
It's like 3dmax with disjointed display and scene unit scale.

2 meters
image.thumb.png.4a7c1e5ae3c14311c60f1b657db1c4ba.png

2mm for the same cube instead of 2000mm
image.thumb.png.2d69fd6e92d4bab6f1b2b20c153768a8.png