3DCoat Forums

About Rygaard Brushes and what comes around! News and surprises!

Rygaard

• Contributor

Hi everyone, from now on the free 3DCoat course will get more and more advanced.

Many interesting things will be taught.

Don't forget to subscribe! It will be a pleasure to see you all there!
:good2: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9OKFOOes9bNZrwMgQb62Qg

Thank you so much!

• Like 2

• Reputable Contributor
16 hours ago, Rygaard said:

Hi everyone, from now on the free 3DCoat course will get more and more advanced.

Many interesting things will be taught.

Don't forget to subscribe! It will be a pleasure to see you all there!
:good2: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9OKFOOes9bNZrwMgQb62Qg

Thank you so much!

Flavio, is your Brush pack available? I know so many people asked about it, in the comments to your Sculpt Sessions videos. It would be nice if the ones they see used in the videos, were made available, regardless of whether they are sold or made free of charge.

• Like 1

• Contributor

Hey everyone! I would like to share a free 3DCoat brush...

This custom brush was created and used during the process of detailing the rhinos projects for the new brush engine implemented in 3DCoat.
- Rygaard Apply Details (Free 3DCoat brush) + with 68 brush tips Skin Pack (alphas / textures).

1234260805_RygaardApplyDetails_3DCoatbrush_with68brushtips_SkinPack.jpg.15b0c1508be4d8cc2d36099982032bf6.jpg
image.png.733dc0dc142311e0afd2c08fe846a9de.png

Please, access the link below to download the brush (.3dcpack):

https://rygaardcreations.com/rygaard-apply-details-with-68-brush-tips-skinpack/

I hope you like!!!

Thank you!

• Thanks 5

• Contributor

Hi,

thanks for the brushes @Rygaard!

It would probably help new users and seasoned users without prior experience using custom brushes to include a brief description of the procedure to install the brushes and access them after installation. Just for your consideration.

When following the link to your website from the Rhino 3D Sculpt Sessions at 3DCoat's youtube channel video descriptions it doesn't point to the downloads page for the brushes, which is fine. But, alas, there's no obvious way to find them there. Not to be found in Projects/Rhino section and, most surprisingly, in the Brushes section. The brushes aren't mentioned in the News section either. The only way to find the free brushes is in the bottom banner of the website, in the lowest right corner, under Latest News. That could potentially cause some confusion.

All this is said in case it could help streamline the access and exposure of the product among the community and not meant as a complaint at all.

By the way, great content on your youtube channel! Congratulations and thanks again! :good:

Edited by Allabulle
  • Thanks 1

• Reputable Contributor
On 11/26/2022 at 3:30 AM, Rygaard said:

Hey everyone! I would like to share a free 3DCoat brush...

This custom brush was created and used during the process of detailing the rhinos projects for the new brush engine implemented in 3DCoat.
- Rygaard Apply Details (Free 3DCoat brush) + with 68 brush tips Skin Pack (alphas / textures).

1234260805_RygaardApplyDetails_3DCoatbrush_with68brushtips_SkinPack.jpg.15b0c1508be4d8cc2d36099982032bf6.jpg
image.png.733dc0dc142311e0afd2c08fe846a9de.png

Please, access the link below to download the brush (.3dcpack):

https://rygaardcreations.com/rygaard-apply-details-with-68-brush-tips-skinpack/

I hope you like!!!

Thank you!

Thanks for the Brush/Alpha pack, Flavio. That is very kind of you. :good2:

• Thanks 1

• Contributor

Hi @Allabulle !

Thank you so much for warning me all this!
I agree with you! I just posted here at the 3Dcoat Forum the Brush link to be downloaded from rygaardcreations.com.

It is true! I have to fix the lack of information from Brush that was made available on the rygaardcreations.com website

I had no registration at Gumroad.
Therefore, unfortunately, the hurry to make the brush available soon for everyone to download, I completely forgot to add the installation instructions.
I will also fix this so I can help people during the installation process.

Thank you once again for your words and encouragement!

• Like 1

• Contributor
5 hours ago, AbnRanger said:

Thanks for the Brush/Alpha pack, Flavio. That is very kind of you. :good2:

Thanks Don! You are very welcome indeed! :good2:
I am very grateful for your words!
I hope this brush can help people in some way!

• Contributor

Hi everyone, Could someone please let me know if Gumroad sent an email to whoever downloaded the brush, letting everyone know that there was a new change in the brush file made available?

I've added more information and an important note about the installation process for the free 3DCoat brush pack in the new readme file. Just helping people with that.

Warning: The .3dcpack file has NOT been changed, just added information.

Thank you very much!

Source...

Please note: The “View content” button will only show on your customer’s receipts when the product’s content is being delivered by Gumroad. For custom delivery products or products without any content, this button will not be visible.

• Thanks 1

• Contributor

@Allabulle Thank you very much for answering me! I thought that any changes made to the gumroad product, users who had already downloaded the product would receive some notification or warning about a possible change and thus be able to re-download the changed files.

Anyway, I've already made the instructions available so that users who don't have much knowledge in installing 3DCoat .3dcpak packages can do this process easily.

As well, on the main page of the website rygaardcreations.com the notice and download of this brush is more evident so that people know.

Thanks!

• Like 1

• Contributor
10 minutes ago, Carlosan said:

Source...

Please note: The “View content” button will only show on your customer’s receipts when the product’s content is being delivered by Gumroad. For custom delivery products or products without any content, this button will not be visible.

Really, I will better understand how Gumroad works.

I thought people downloading the product would receive some email warning about any changes to the product downloaded by the user.

Thank you very much!

• Reputable Contributor
4 hours ago, Rygaard said:

Really, I will better understand how Gumroad works.

I thought people downloading the product would receive some email warning about any changes to the product downloaded by the user.

Thank you very much!

I did get an email, so I think it works.

• Thanks 1

• Contributor
7 minutes ago, AbnRanger said:

I did get an email, so I think it works.

I am a little confusing about Gumroad. So it is working properly the sending of emails to users who downloaded the product before changes!

Sometimes it is necessary to correct / change something in the product and I was concerned about how to warn these changes to people who have already downloaded the product.

Don, thank you so much for letting me know.

• Reputable Contributor
18 hours ago, Rygaard said:

I am a little confusing about Gumroad. So it is working properly the sending of emails to users who downloaded the product before changes!

Sometimes it is necessary to correct / change something in the product and I was concerned about how to warn these changes to people who have already downloaded the product.

Don, thank you so much for letting me know.

You are very welcome. Gumroad sends an automatic email, whenever there is something downloaded, but there was no email notifying an update to the pack. By the way, the brush alphas are very dim and hard, if not impossible, to tell what type of pattern it is. For future brushpacks, would it be possible to increase the brightness of the alphas? I tried to edit one and the color layer was so faint that no matter of adjustments would brighten it. I am not sure how to edit them on my end, to change this.

• Like 1

• Contributor
1 hour ago, AbnRanger said:

You are very welcome. Gumroad sends an automatic email, whenever there is something downloaded, but there was no email notifying an update to the pack. By the way, the brush alphas are very dim and hard, if not impossible, to tell what type of pattern it is. For future brushpacks, would it be possible to increase the brightness of the alphas? I tried to edit one and the color layer was so faint that no matter of adjustments would brighten it. I am not sure how to edit them on my end, to change this.

Hi Don, thanks for the explanation! Regarding alphas in 3dcoat, I agree with you!
It is very difficult to visualize the alphas in the brushes palette.
Every time I create an alpha and open it in the Brushes palette...
unfortunately the preview becomes dark to the point where you can't visually identify what kind of "texture" it is, other than the alpha name that appears when you place the mouse over it.

I would like the alpha preview in 3dcoat to be large when you hover over it to avoid this kind of problem.

Honestly, I don't really know why this kind of thing happens in 3dcoat.
The only thing that goes through my head to try to explain this...
Maybe it's when alpha is imported into 3dcoat, then the program automatically converts a type of external format (png, tif, etc.) to its own format extension used within 3dcoat.
I noticed that this file conversion generates a dark or "washed out" preview of the alpha in the brushes palette.
I think the program could make the visualization of the alphas in the palette clearer, but that doesn't happen.

One thing I can guarantee you and that is the most important thing.
The alphas work correctly and it was exactly these alphas that I used to fully detail all the rhinos, both the adult rhino and the baby rhino and I got great quality.
Nothing is being hidden. I'm passing on exactly what I have here to everyone.

In case the result of some alpha is "weak" when applied to the surface of the geometry, please try to increase the depth value of the brush so that you get a "stronger" result of the alpha in the geometry.
Please also check the amount of triangles as this also affects the quality and the way the detail appears on the surface of the mesh.

I already tested it and noticed that if you try to create a stronger alpha in the external program, it may happen that the result of this alpha quality when applied inside 3dcoat is not so good.

You could try editing the alphas using the Edit in Ext Editor or Edit as 16-Bit Tif command, but I don't advise using these commands because it's not very intuitive and if you don't know what you're doing you can destroy the alpha.
Another important thing to say is that I think these commands are more compatible if you use photoshop.
Particularly, I never got a good result with these commands.

Since it's been a while since I created these alphas to detail the rhinos... I'll see what I can do about all of that.

I am very worried! I wouldn't want to share something with bad quality or problems...

In case, all of you want or suggest I can immediately remove this product... so that there are no problems.

• Contributor
1 hour ago, Allabulle said:

Like @AbnRanger says, alphas are indeed very very dark here too.

Hi @Allabulle This visualization in the brushes palette I think is not something that I can configure... because of the process of converting an external format to an internal format of 3dcoat, so the preview is created automatically by 3dcoat.

But, I'll see what I can do about it to help.

• Thanks 1

• Reputable Contributor
1 minute ago, Rygaard said:

Hi Don, thanks for the explanation! Regarding alphas in 3dcoat, I agree with you!
It is very difficult to visualize the alphas in the brushes palette.
Every time I create an alpha and open it in the Brushes palette...
unfortunately the preview becomes dark to the point where you can't visually identify what kind of "texture" it is, other than the alpha name that appears when you place the mouse over it.

I would like the alpha preview in 3dcoat to be large when you hover over it to avoid this kind of problem.

Honestly, I don't really know why this kind of thing happens in 3dcoat.
The only thing that goes through my head to try to explain this...
Maybe it's when alpha is imported into 3dcoat, then the program automatically converts a type of external format (png, tif, etc.) to its own format extension used within 3dcoat.
I noticed that this file conversion generates a dark or "washed out" preview of the alpha in the brushes palette.
I think the program could make the visualization of the alphas in the palette clearer, but that doesn't happen.

One thing I can guarantee you and that is the most important thing.
The alphas work correctly and it was exactly these alphas that I used to fully detail all the rhinos, both the adult rhino and the baby rhino and I got great quality.
Nothing is being hidden. I'm passing on exactly what I have here to everyone.

In case the result of some alpha is "weak" when applied to the surface of the geometry, please try to increase the depth value of the brush so that you get a "stronger" result of the alpha in the geometry.
Please also check the amount of triangles as this also affects the quality and the way the detail appears on the surface of the mesh.

I already tested it and noticed that if you try to create a stronger alpha in the external program, it may happen that the result of this alpha quality when applied inside 3dcoat is not so good.

You could try editing the alphas using the Edit in Ext Editor or Edit as 16-Bit Tif command, but I don't advise using these commands because it's not very intuitive and if you don't know what you're doing you can destroy the alpha.
Another important thing to say is that I think these commands are more compatible if you use photoshop.
Particularly, I never got a good result with these commands.

Since it's been a while since I created these alphas to detail the rhinos... I'll see what I can do about all of that.

I am very worried! I wouldn't want to share something with bad quality or problems...

In case, all of you want or suggest I can immediately remove this product... so that there are no problems.

Yeah, I have never really messed around with editing the brush alphas in 3DCoat. I tried to contact Andrew and share my screen with him, to see what he had to say, but the internet speed is very slow....thanks to Russia bombing civilian utilities.

• Like 1

• Contributor
35 minutes ago, Rygaard said:

(...)

I wouldn't remove the assets at all! They are a fantastic gift to the community and they've been proven by the great Rhinos you produced with them.

Maybe a disclaimer could suffice. Something similar to: "3DCoat may show the alphas darker than intended in the panels. It's something we're working on with the developers of the software.
Bear in mind, though, that this are the very same brush and alphas used to produce the Rhino shown in the Ryggard's Rhino Sculpting Series in the 3DCoat's youtube channel found here: (link to the playlist)."

Just to not confuse the users wondering if they did something wrong when installing or using them.

I do think that this asset pack is fundamental to follow the Rhino Sculpting Series and has the potential to attract new users to 3DCoat, be it seasoned sculptors without previous experience with 3DCoat willing to try it out or new sculptors eager to learn from a professionally made source of knowledge.

I'd strongly encourage you to try to get in touch with the development team at Pilgway to solve the issue. It'll benefit not only users of your brushes but the whole community.

Again, just my thoughts. You know what's best.

Edited by Allabulle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Reputable Contributor
9 minutes ago, Allabulle said:

I wouldn't remove the assets at all! They are a fantastic gift to the community and they've been proven by the great Rhinos you produced with them.

Maybe a disclaimer could suffice. Something similar to: "3DCoat may show the alphas darker than intended in the panels. It's something we're working on with the developers of the software.
Bear in mind, though, that this are the very same brush and alphas used to produce the Rhino shown in the Ryggard's Rhino Sculpting Series in the 3DCoat's youtube channel found here: (link to the playlist)."

Just to not confuse the users wondering if they did something wrong when installing or using them.

I do think that this asset pack is fundamental to follow the Rhino Sculpting Series and has the potential to attract new users to 3DCoat, be it seasoned sculptors without previous experience with 3DCoat willing to try it out or new sculptors eager to learn from a professionally made source of knowledge.

I'd strongly encourage you to try to get in touch with the development team at Pilgway to solve the issue. It'll benefit not only users of your brushes but the whole community.

It's already reported to Andrew. Hopefully something to correct this will be in the next build.

• Thanks 2

• Contributor
36 minutes ago, AbnRanger said:

Yeah, I have never really messed around with editing the brush alphas in 3DCoat. I tried to contact Andrew and share my screen with him, to see what he had to say, but the internet speed is very slow....thanks to Russia bombing civilian utilities.

Don, I would like to share and show how my brushes palette looks.
And as you can see the preview of alphas (brush tips) is like this.

image.thumb.png.4b43c00bd5b4e6e4f9e83d93ff0143e6.png

• Contributor
22 minutes ago, Allabulle said:

Really grateful for your words. I'm really glad I could help in some way...

Immediately, I'll let everyone know about this "problem".

If you don't mind, I'll practically make your words mine for the warning.

That way, users won't think they've done something wrong during the package installation process.

Just the lack of alphas preview in the brushes palette.

Once again... Thank you very much!

• Like 1

• Contributor
11 minutes ago, Rygaard said:

(...) If you don't mind, I'll practically make your words mine for the warning. (...)

That way, users won't think they've done something wrong during the package installation process.

But of course! Thank YOU for this fantastic asset pack (and tutorials).

I actually think your tools and guides help even those not following through. Just knowing what's possible with the tools, and that the tutorials and assets to accomplish such sculpts are available can encourage people to try 3DCoat on their own. I honestly think they reach far beyond the users strictly following the tutorials.

Some may want to try on their own, but may need an assurance that the effort will be worth it and a fallback in case they get stuck while experimenting. That's an intangible quality of your work I wouldn't lightly discard.

Edited by Allabulle
  • Thanks 1

• Contributor
52 minutes ago, Allabulle said:

But of course! Thank YOU for this fantastic asset pack (and tutorials).

I actually think your tools and guides help even those not following through. Just knowing what's possible with the tools, and that the tutorials and assets to accomplish such sculpts are available can encourage people to try 3DCoat on their own. I honestly think they reach far beyond the users strictly following the tutorials.

Some may want to try on their own, but may need an assurance that the effort will be worth it and a fallback in case they get stuck while experimenting. That's an intangible quality of your work I wouldn't lightly discard.

I have no words to thank all your words. Thank you very much, from the heart! Your encouragement really makes a big difference!

Always enrich the subjects with your opinions, suggestions and ideas!

Soon, I hope to be able to announce amazing things and one of those things, and I can't hide it from anyone, because it's something that makes me extremely happy just thinking about it...
is that I'm going to start making videos about "making of sculptures from
characters" aimed at 3d printing.
I have other things in mind... but I'm still maturing the ideas.

Thank you very much

• Like 2

• Contributor

Well @Rygaard, you do all the work. I just enjoy the fruits of it. So, yes, maybe it's a fifty-fifty situation we're dealing with here. :D

Seriously, though, I'll wait for the new projects to come with confidence, they're going to be great for sure.

Just don't forget the other mega brush pack, pretty please. That one is going to be super useful.

I promise I'll say something nice when you release it so we can exchange praises! :p:

Thanks for the tease, now we know some of what's coming! :good:

• Thanks 1

• Contributor

I have GREAT NEWS for you!
YESSSS! In the next version of 3DCoat, this problem of dark preview in alphas - brush tips of the brushes palette will be FIXED!!!

So, in the next version of 3DCoat, the preview color will be normalized, that means we'll have a great preview of the alphas inside the brushes palette!
In the image below, as you can see, this is exactly how the alphas will be presented in the fixed version of 3dcoat.

image.png.eee4dc4036da30f7425e459ce0cafca2.png

What do you think? Is not it pretty? :yahoo:

One more thing...
It is important to say that no one will need to install the brush pack again!
Just update 3dcoat (which will have this fix) and the program will regenerate the previews automatically.
Perfect! :good2:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Contributor
25 minutes ago, Allabulle said:

Well @Rygaard, you do all the work. I just enjoy the fruits of it. So, yes, maybe it's a fifty-fifty situation we're dealing with here. :D

Seriously, though, I'll wait for the new projects to come with confidence, they're going to be great for sure.

Just don't forget the other mega brush pack, pretty please. That one is going to be super useful.

I promise I'll say something nice when you release it so we can exchange praises! :p:

Thanks for the tease, now we know some of what's coming! :good:

@Allabulle That was great! I'm laughing so far with what you said! :rofl:
So, it means that my responsibility only increases !!!

I didn't forget, okay! Even, I'm going to talk very low, whispering for anyone to listen!
Not wanting to tease ...
But in these sculpture projects I said, I intend to use them and will be a great test to know if these brushes will be useful for everyone.

Maybe... I will have good results in sculptures! :unknw:

Another thing! If you don't say anything nice about it!
Then... I won't make the brushes available! :D
Sorry for the jokes!
It is always good to smile a little!

I hope you enjoy the things that will come!
Everything is being done with hard work and dedication.:good2:

• Haha 1