3DCoat Forums

Upgrade the Text / Font Manager

blackant Master

• Advanced Member

While working on painting textures, this is commonly something I miss a lot when I have to search the right font I need for the texture I'm making.

Like the paint tool which allow visualizing the result before applying it over the mesh, a similar function for the font may be a wonderful improvement.

Screenshot at 2022-04-21 08 38 56.png

Hello

Pressing OK on Font selector lets you visualize the result before apply it (tool option command) over the mesh.

This extra step is good because we can fine tuning the font already selected before apply.

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, Carlosan said:

Hello

Pressing OK on Font selector lets you visualize the result before apply it (tool option command) over the mesh.

This extra step is good because we can fine tuning the font already selected before apply.

Hi Carlosan,
I know OK allows to see the selected font, but I mean, it's so odd to have to close/ open/ close/ re-open and so on, to see font one by one, and it takes so much time sometimes before finding the right font.

What would be great would be to use mouse roll up down to swap fonts, and don't have to click OK.
Or something like that, more dynamic.

• Thanks 1

• Advanced Member

Also, I have to say, I never noticed before today that there was police color option inside this panel, and does it really works ?
Because I have always used main color from the brush and never seems to get any multiply or any change from this color.

And another point about the police size, because I directly use the distance between the marks to get it at the right size, I never used that option too.