3DCoat Forums

[Solved] "calculate occlusion" ignoring a few objects

cameryn

Go to solution Solved by Carlosan,

Every time I calculate occlusion, the tool seems to ignore the same 4 objects (hat, dress, cloak, & gemstone). It's working perfectly on the other objects, but I can't seem to change the parameters in a way that gives me a different result. I've tried googling this issue for a few days and haven't found anything, so I thought I'd make my own post. Thanks for any help :) 

aqnBCBq.png

JSPHxZy.png

42NFSQH.png

Edited by cameryn

13 minutes ago, Carlosan said:

There isnt any up layer occluding AO layer ?

Try moving AO layer at top level

Yes, it's already on the top of the list and this second image shows how the AO is completely white on the objects that are the issue here, which i why i feel as though they were ignored by the tool or something. UVs reflect the exact same result in which all objects have black and white AO maps, but the four objects in question are blank white with no black.

forum-post-6.PNG

forum-post-3.PNG

also, another thing i've thought of, the objects that baked properly are all mapped on the first UV tile. I do have more than one UV tile.. but the curvature baked perfectly, even with more than one tile, so i don't know if that's the issue.

• Solution

Can you share the model to take a look ? (here or by pm)

I was thinking about and yes, work with udim will be a issue if it is not set previously at import step.

image.png

• Thanks 1

On 5/3/2022 at 3:06 AM, Carlosan said:

Can you share the model to take a look ? (here or by pm)

I was thinking about and yes, work with udim will be a issue if it is not set previously at import step.

image.png

this was absolutely the problem! forgot to check a box and gave myself such a headache.. thank you so much for your help!!

• Like 1

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] "calculate occlusion" ignoring a few objects