3DCoat Forums

[Solved] Update my already textured paint object with another retopo shape the same but with new edges added and UV sets added

Go to solution Solved by Carlosan,

Hi all,

Thanks for looking at my problem. 

my original retopo object was projected to paint room and i have spent considerable time painting it and then discovered i needed better resolution. I have changed the retopo with more seams and changed the UV's to have more sets to increase the resolution to SL. how do I make the new retopo and uv sets go to the paint room without losing all my textures that I have painted, I have tried a lot of things and nothing is working.  How can i send the new retopo and uv sets to the UV room, I can update the uvs into the paint room from there but I have not found a way to put the new retopo and uv sets into the uv room. Any suggestions would be great, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease thanks.

Edit: I am restricted to 1024x1024 texture uploads in this platform that is why i have made my mesh a lot of different UV sets so i can change the item to higher resolution. Once I had uploaded it i discovered it was not quite good enough resolution soi went back to the retopo and put more edges into it without changing the shape, so i can split up the faces more and make more uv sets. Now I cant find a way to put the changed retopo into the paint room with the new UV's without losing the textures I have already painted. 

Edited by Lizbot
more explanation

As stated in my post, I already tried this.

The updated retopo does not go to the UV room. How can I make this updated retopo go to the UV room?

The retopo is the exact same shape as before I just had to add more edges to it so I can add more seams and split up the object to more materials to get higher resolution as I cannot import higher than 1k textures.

I had to add more edges onto the retopo as it only had 30 or so faces as it is a very low poly shell. foe example i split one face into four faces and made each face one material.

I want the new retopo and new uv to go to the paint room without losing my textures, i cant replicate them. 

Edited by Lizbot

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Update my already textured paint object with another retopo shape the same but with new edges added and UV sets added