3DCoat Forums

Fatal error : Out of Memory. You should increase the amount of virtual memory in system settings

Hey guys, so I'm having lots of trouble with 3DCoat lately which is making it pretty much unusable.
Everytime I perform some specific actions, I get this error message (1 & 2.jpg).

My system

• Win 10 64
  • 2x 2080 Ti
  • AMD Ryzen 2000
  • 64 GB ram

One weird things is all my UI get messed up everytime I get this error message (3.jpg).

What I've tried so far :

1.  Increasing Vritual Memory in windows settings : it's already at maximum.
  2.  Reinstall 3DCoat from scratch, cleaning all windows registry entries aswell.
  3.  Updated to the latest release.

No matter what I do, I keep having this. Any ideas on how I could fix it ?

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Hi

I am forwarding this issue.

Mean time, try these please

Turn off automatic antialiasing in video diver settings. For example in NVidia settings just set

"Settings according to 3D application"

• Carlosan changed the title to Fatal error : Out of Memory. You should increase the amount of virtual memory in system settings

Hard limit is graphic card VRAM memory if you are working at 8K textures, more than 1 monitor and high Screen resolution.

Try lowering any of this variables, like work at 1920x1080 display settings.

Ok so :

• I did a checkdisk, fixed some error. I do have less of that error happening now. I still have out of memory from time to time but it's more usable. Not sure if it's related or not.
  • I use a 4k monitor (so 4k resolution) and I do use 8k Stenciles loaded in the gallery. is that the issue you think @Carlosan ?

Is there a way to launch 3DCoat with 1920x1080 resolution inside the software without affecting my screen resolution ? Something that just upscale everything ?

Thanks

Unfortunately, this is not possible to change resolution. The only way to do it is to manually adjust your screen resolution before opening the soft.

I do use 8k Stenciles loaded in the gallery. is that the issue you think.

yes, will be. test lowering stencil resolutions.