3DCoat Forums

[Fixed] Where is the 'Invert Tool'

frmdbl

Go to solution Solved by Carlosan,

1 hour ago, Carlosan said:

Hi

On voxel mode all new Clay Engine brushes have that option active when you press Ctrl+LMB

Yeah, so I can't make a negative brush preset, I have to always keep Ctrl pressed?

Seriously? Someone thought it was a good idea to just remove that option completely? 

If that's the case it's unbelievable.

• Thanks 1

• Reputable Contributor
1 hour ago, Elemeno said:

i dont want an invert tool in the ui... its just clutter

No, it's not, actually. I use a 3DConnexion device and I prefer to check INVERT in the Toolbar, so I don't have to stop (using the Navigation puck) in order to hold down the CTRL key.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Elemeno said:

i dont want an invert tool in the ui... its just clutter

So you're saying that for example when you want a brush that makes grooves/cuts like 'Dam Standard' in Zbrush, you'd prefer to always keep ctrl pressed rather that just use the pen?

I'm really not sure how to politely comment this, I really struggle to believe you can be this shortsighted.

Besides I can live without it being in that exact spot, as long as it's there in the tool options panel for example.

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

Just want to add that I would also really appreciate the option to invert a brush so I don't have to keep CTRL pressed.  In the latest 3DC, only a random number of Voxel Tool brushes have the toolbar "Invert" option.  Like OP, I don't understand the thinking behind this.  Beyond the convenience for users to do large areas of inverted brushing, this option would also be essential if we're trying to create a custom brush preset that behaves in the inverted form of the original brush.

I can't find an "Invert" parameter in the Tool Options/Modifiers for brushes either.  If not in the toolbar, the invert brush option should be in the menus somewhere (so we can assign a hotkey).

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
  • Carlosan changed the title to [Fixed] Where is the 'Invert Tool'
  • 3 months later...