3DCoat Forums

[Fixed] Color picker seems to be off

Go to solution Solved by Carlosan,

• Contributor

Hi, I'm trying to pick colors from the Color Palette using an image that I loaded. I'm zoomed in to an area to pick colors from, but it seems to not return the color that I'm hovering the mouse pointer on. It feels like there may be a miss alignment or something else going on. I've captured a video to show what I'm seeing.

Thanks for any help!

Well... is how it work

If you will tap the picker hotkey twice over the same color (like the layer color) it will pick the color just from the screen. In this way you may easily choose the right color - from the object or from the screen.

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Color picker seems to be off
  • Contributor

Gotcha.. that works if you have a physical keyboard, but when I work with my surfacebook 2, I turn thee screen around so it's like a Cintiq but I have to keep switching to my onboard keyboard every time to hit the "V" key, which doesn't really work well for those who also work with portable tablet like devices. Anyway just a thought.

• Contributor

Thanks, Carlosan.

I still get the same behavior, but I just realized that this only happens when you sample from an image. It's perfectly fine if you sample from the color bars. Does that seem odd or is that expected?

Thanks for the continued help by the way! :hi:

• Confused 1

• Carlosan changed the title to Color picker seems to be off
  • Contributor
Carlosan
This post was recognized by Carlosan!

alexn007 was awarded the badge 'Helpful' and 1 points.

Here's something interesting. If I open the color palette through the tools side color swatch, it opens a floating color palette window, which seems to work correctly. But if I dock the window, it doesn't sample the colors correctly. Here's a quick video showing this behavior.  To me it still feels like a bug, and doesn't feel intuitive to have to hit the "V" key to sample a color each time while the window is in a docked state, but rather I would like to just left click and go, which is the behavior I see if the window is floating.  I want to be respectful of others opinions so I this might just be a personal preference for my working style.

Thanks again!

Edited by alexn007
  • Thanks 1

• Carlosan changed the title to [Bug] Color picker seems to be off
  • Carlosan changed the title to [Fixed] Color picker seems to be off