3DCoat Forums

Need help, don't understand process low/high poly bake

Well, I'm trying to create a skin for CSGO with normal, but i want make it manually sculpting, not using PS filter.

So im working from a .obj with its own UV.

My question is, what is the process to sculpt in that model and then bake it to get the 3d form sculpted details? Is it possible what I'm trying or isn't so I'm just wasting my time? I meant, There is any limitation about the volume I sculpted since its outside of the weapon? How do i do that correctly?

I watched a lot of tutorials but isn't working for me and I don't understand what should be the process in my case and since i tried with ps filter and saw that gives that effect of being "out" of volume of weapon I guess it must be possible to do it manually sculpting.

Thank you.

I leave some pictures as example of my situation, I would apreciatte someone tell me at least the steps to follow in that particular case as headlines then I can try by myself but not getting lost or missing steps or doing stuff I shouldn't do.

1.thumb.png.48c7a53735b273feebc32453b1b1ca6b.png

The much sculped details get out of the original model volumes.

2.thumb.png.dc77952b787b249b27ce5f0907f71e44.png

Model and sculpt selected in retopo room.

3.thumb.png.97530fcfe3d5e5a7e5cc471e4882aea6.png

sculp selected in retopo room

4.thumb.png.24c2c6523c17b2d5108e4ab521e172cc.png

Original model

Edited by adrideadrian

You can sculpt and bake, but original model topology (vertex order) &  uvmaps of the original model must not be modified.

that is, at the end of your work you will only obtain a new normal map, which gives the visual sensation of relief.

you can achieve the same by painting normals in 3DCoat by activating the normals channel. Only need to tick only the normal sphere up and middle of the screen.

Hope this help

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Carlosan said:

You can sculpt and bake, but original model topology (vertex order) &  uvmaps of the original model must not be modified.

that is, at the end of your work you will only obtain a new normal map, which gives the visual sensation of relief.

you can achieve the same by painting normals in 3DCoat by activating the normals channel. Only need to tick only the normal sphere up and middle of the screen.

Hope this help

I will try with that to figure out how to not change the topology. Thank you, thats new information to work with and makes sense.

I don't understand how to sculpt not changing the topology and not sure if when I resize to give more detail will actually change the topology.

Also when I import the model from retopo to sculpt room looks like miss uv and topology.

So can't I resize the model for having more detail?

what im doing now is, import the .obj to modeling room, then I import it from retopo to sculpt room and then I resize and I sculpt on it. But after do that is when i get lost since the sculpt model doesnt have the topology anymore and when I bake original and sculp in retopo room does nothing or weird stuff if i autopo the sculped model.

• adrideadrian changed the title to Need help, don't understand process low/high poly bake