3DCoat Forums

Complex UV map texture flipped Horizontally and Vertically?

DMG

Greetings all,

I have been working with the UV tools, and have been scratching my head because when I switch the displayed UV grid (in the retopo room) from 'Simple Checker' to 'Complex Checker', it appeared that all my UV's required flipping horizontally and vertically. I worked out that I needed to bake my model and take it into the UV room to do this. 

And then I just happened to view a 'Custom Texture' on my UVs in the Retoporoom, using my own UV grid, and it turns out, there was nothing wrong with the UVs at all, but that the 'Complex Checker' texture appears to be flipped by default.

Is this a bug?  Or just a feature I don't understand?  

Cheers,

Derek

3DC-UV-Complex.PNG

3DC-UV-Custom.PNG

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. 

Interestingly enough, even though I'm now on 3DC 2022.29, all my files in the Program folder seem to still be in a folder called 3DCoat-2021. The exe file is dated  May 2022 though.

3DCoat 2022 have a completely new folders structure. Really streamlined and logical as it was proposed.
Almost all now is split between two folders - data and UserPrefs.

As it is logical, UserPrefs is user-created content.
Data is sort of temporary stuff.

The folder in documents changed, now it is Docs/3DCoat/. Even if the folders structure is changed it is compatible with the previous one.
As soon as 3DCoat detects some files copied to the new location in Documents from the old one, it will convert the files to the new structure.
Also, if you will install 3dcpack it will be installed correctly (except presets that use old tools that are not present in the toolset).
So, to migrate from earlier version you may copy folders from old version to Docs/3DCoat or create 3dcpack in old version and install using UI.