3DCoat Forums

[Fixed] FOV setting seems to not work properly

• Advanced Member

I have a problem with the FOV setting. I can not set it anymore. Please see above video on how it behaves. Is it locked or something?

It does not matter which file I work on. Fresh file with loading a mannequin behaves the same. I remember I never had problems with the setting in previous versions.

• Advanced Member

3d coat 2022.33 (recent stable) windows 10 ,  Near plane modulator in edit>preference as 0.001

I could see same issue in paint/UV room.

Even though I change Clipping setting (aka Near plane modulator in edit>preference as 0.001)

1  In paint room with Ortho graphic view.  I can not zoom in much. if I use Perspective, I can zoom in easy.

paint1.thumb.JPG.550107645aa2fa3638f69e4e30d9eccf.JPG

ortho.thumb.JPG.a5e2c5ae56c94f9cde4b4c9669dcd098.JPG

2 In UV room  with ortho graphic view.  I can not zoom in much.  But Perspective view is more worse.

because  3d coat simply hide all mesh, with zoom in.  So I just change room from paint room to UV room, now  mesh perfectly disable.

then I need to zoom out >>> the mesh is too small to work.

uvzoom.thumb.JPG.38414c5901ffe685eb2b7f39b6a89c34.JPG

UVperspective.thumb.JPG.7bbb9cd6978e3d312f72afb4cae18bb0.JPG

• Advanced Member

OK now I could find to manage this problem, though did not test it with sculpt room, but basically it is same logic (3d coat limit to zoom for 1 unit)

I keep to use scene scale as 1.00 but if you change scene scale as 10.00 or 100.00  in edit preference, and force to use fix scene scale.

setscenescale.thumb.JPG.64b9d2566c32bd11f3f6cc4c88b2e920.JPG

you may see now you can zoom in X10  or X 100 about same import mesh.

Though I suppose you need to start with new scene.  At same time, if you edit scene scale as 10,  now you will see 10 voxel for 1 unit . it make things more easy when you sculpt. 

so if you hope to dense mesh , set scene scale as 20 or 100 etc.  at start point I set it as 10 = (10 voxels in 1 unit)

though you may need to adjust export scale setting, if you need to export mesh to other aplication, I suppose. 

About blender applink, I keep FBX export as 1 meter . then  it not cause issue for me.

Edited by tokikake

• Advanced Member

Hello @tokikake !

I dont understand how your issues relate to my post. 

My post is about the fov slider in the menu not changing the fov.

I have no trouble with zooming at all. Only with altering the FOV.

Maybe there is some confusion? I feel these are two different issues and yours not really related to the FOV setting.

Thanks for your input nevertheless! 

• Advanced Member
Carlosan
This post was recognized by Carlosan!

Henry Townshend was awarded the badge 'Great Support' and 1 points.

8 minutes ago, Carlosan said:

can you share the project to take a look ?

It is a general problem unfortunately, not tied to a specific project. It is the same across the app for me.

I just loaded up a new fresh project. (See video above, first entry)

You can or at least should be able to repro it by choosing from the welcome screen -> Voxel Sculpting -> choose any mesh.

When you try to set a different FOV than the default of 50, it jus jumps back all the time, as if the FOV setting is locked.

• Confused 1

• Carlosan changed the title to [Bug] FOV setting seems to not work properly
  • Carlosan changed the title to [Fixed] FOV setting seems to not work properly