3DCoat Forums

3D Connexion Space Mouse Navigation issues in Orthographic mode

Nossgrr

• Advanced Member

Hi,

Anyone else with a space mouse have this issue? When switching from perspective to Orthographic mode (Num 5 on keypad) my 3D Connexion Space Mouse up\down navigation is multiplied and goes very fast.

If I press Num 5 again for perspective, the up\down navigation speed goes back to normal.

3DCoat v 2022.34, Windows 10, latest 3d Connexion Software \ Drivers.

Thanks

• Thanks 1

• Contributor

Yes, I have the exact same issue. I end up switching between my mouse or stylus when in ortho mode, which is quite frustrating. Would be great to have it looked at, so it's consistent with the perspective mode.  Out of all the applications that work with the space mouse, I have to say I like the overall feel of it in 3D Coat.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Reputable Contributor
On 7/1/2022 at 11:00 AM, alexn007 said:

Yes, I have the exact same issue. I end up switching between my mouse or stylus when in ortho mode, which is quite frustrating. Would be great to have it looked at, so it's consistent with the perspective mode.  Out of all the applications that work with the space mouse, I have to say I like the overall feel of it in 3D Coat.

the only thing missing is feathering to make it feel even better. (a slight inertia)

• Reputable Contributor
On 7/1/2022 at 1:37 AM, Nossgrr said:

Hi,

Anyone else with a space mouse have this issue? When switching from perspective to Orthographic mode (Num 5 on keypad) my 3D Connexion Space Mouse up\down navigation is multiplied and goes very fast.

If I press Num 5 again for perspective, the up\down navigation speed goes back to normal.

3DCoat v 2022.34, Windows 10, latest 3d Connexion Software \ Drivers.

Thanks

have you tried using the old system ? image.png.1055158059331966db26607e83c41c5b.png

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, Silas Merlin said:

have you tried using the old system ? image.png.1055158059331966db26607e83c41c5b.png

Hi Silas,

I just tried the v4.xx option and there's still a significant difference in speed between ortho\perspective, not as pronounced but fast enough to throw you off.

• Reputable Contributor
17 hours ago, Nossgrr said:

Hi Silas,

I just tried the v4.xx option and there's still a significant difference in speed between ortho\perspective, not as pronounced but fast enough to throw you off.

Have you tried to set up a "vary mode" (in preferences when V.4 is activated) ?