3DCoat Forums

3dCoat gets stuck on white screen

I had started a topic on this previously and i thought i had found a solution but it looks like i am back to square 1. Whenever i try to boot the program it hangs on a white screen and says not responding. I followed all of the steps prompted in order to get the program working. nothing seemed to work until i relocated 3dcoats data to another folder. This worked after the first few times of opening the program. However after working on a file for a bit i closed it down and when i tried to open it back up it would not work.

• Carlosan changed the title to 3dCoat gets stuck on white screen

I did that already just to make sure. I dont really have any other ideas about how to make it work. I emailed the support team over a week ago and no on has replied to me. I use 3d coat for all of my work and it not working is a real bummer since i have been having to do everything in zbrush which is a nightmare compared to 3dcoat

There is a workaround. Hope it help.  

On 8/16/2021 at 6:24 AM, SERGYI said:

"Gatekeeper" (a security feature in macOS) has isolated "3DCoat" executable from its data.
This problem also manifests itself as "startup crash" on some machines. To solve the problem clear in Terminal quarantine attribute from "3DCoat" folder:
Terminal > xattr -dr com.apple.quarantine /Applications/3DCoat-2021.23
(put your actually installed version in the command above).
Please read more in this document:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Auai329bOaBMuRbfo5ZHaYDRmEJ0NK3kWp6x1qJ08YA/edit?usp=sharing