3DCoat Forums

Prolonging upgrades info - Any issues: notify the Sales/Licensing office at Sales@Pilgway.com

Hirazi Blue

Last week I sent the following mail to sales@pilgway.com, but so far I haven't got a reply..

I have a 3d coat 2022 invidual permanent license and my period for free upgrades ends at 13.07.2022.

I was hoping to prolong this for another year but I can’t seem to find any offer to do so on your website.

Is this even possible? And if so, how would I go about purchasing such an option, without sacrifising the permanence of my current license?

Thanks in advance for your reply…

Yeah. I think that a bunch of us will be facing this issue in the next week or two. My 12 months is up on the 16th and I was wondering the same exact thing. Honestly? I would HAPPILY fork over the cash now, a week in advance, if given the opportunity. The money is theirs. They just have to let me give it to them. :D

I've been using 3DC for a good 13 or 14 years now and it's just been such a pleasure. v2021/v2022 has really helped me streamline my workflow and pipeline, allowing me to give up a handful of apps from some of the "other guys." (Some of which I had been using for nearly 2x as long.)

Anyway, I posted this same question on Discord. Let's see what shakes. If I get any more information there, I'll post here.

Edited by cookepuss

The possibility to prolong the updates will appear on the website soon, at least before the 13 July.

And thanks for supporting us, without all of your help, including money and feedback the progress is impossible.

And this year I worked like never before, it was super interesting, and a lot of helpful stuff was done, including better stability)

• Like 1

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] Prolonging upgrades ?
  • Carlosan pinned this topic

Calling this "solved" already might be a bit premature...

The new question this has left unanswered is what mail address one should use to reach "sales".

I sent my original request to sales@pilgway.com. Then I resent it to sales@3dcoat.com

And neither have responded so far...

I hope there will be some grace period for the prolongment of the license, so that I can still prolong even if it's not exactly on the Thirteenth...

• Thanks 1

• Carlosan changed the title to Prolonging upgrades ?
3 minutes ago, Hirazi Blue said:

Calling this "solved" already might be a bit premature...

The new question this has left unanswered is what mail address one should use to reach "sales".

I sent my original request to sales@pilgway.com. Then I resent it to sales@3dcoat.com

And neither have responded so far...

I hope there will be some grace period for the prolongment of the license, so that I can still prolong even if it's not exactly on the Thirteenth...

As a Ukraine based company, Pilgway is doing their best to keep things going. For my part, I can understand any lag in communication at the moment. As for the "grace period" here, don't worry. This is not Adobe we're talking about; Their current upgrade pricing window for Substance is less than friendly to those working on a budget or slow to check their emails. Pilgway's upgrade policy, pricing, and window are both generous and clearly outlined here:

https://pilgway.com/licensing/9

You should have no problem in the least.

2 hours ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

The possibility to prolong the updates will appear on the website soon, at least before the 13 July.

And thanks for supporting us, without all of your help, including money and feedback the progress is impossible.

And this year I worked like never before, it was super interesting, and a lot of helpful stuff was done, including better stability)

Honestly, Andrew, it is we who should be thanking you.

Here and elsewhere, both you and 3DCoat have been the subjects of numerous criticisms and complaints over the many years. In spite of it, you have handled it with grace and maturity, opting to instead take the high ground.

I think that I can safely say that, on behalf of everybody here, we sincerely appreciate what you do and how it helps the larger community. Nobody benefits when one or two companies control the market. 3DCoat has not only grown into a viable alternative, but also credible competition. In spite of our barbs and the current conditions under which you are working, you stand tall. Thanks for that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Oh don't get me wrong: I fully understand that these are trying times for the company and I am more than willing to keep on supporting them...

It's just that I am a bit scared of losing my rights/license, coming from an Autodesk based trauma, where everything was very strict!

But my previous question still stands: what are the current mail addresses of the company, if the pilgway.com addresses do not work anymore...

Edit: thanks for the link to the upgrade policy, this is very reassuring!

Edited by Hirazi Blue

Yeah. I think that Andrew & Co are acutely aware the market trends and what people really want. It's understandable that they would have to tighten things up and ask for an annual maintenance fee. That they continue to provide perpetual licenses, complete with license file, is nothing short of a small miracle these days. Where other companies would seek to abuse their customer base with a "pay to play or go away" tactic, Pilgway remembers who their core users are and provides a reasonable array of licensing options accordingly. It has not gone unnoticed; That's how you build and maintain a loyal clientele.

In the end, regardless of what the distant future holds or how you do/don't upgrade, you'll always have your perpetual license and they can't take that away from you. (Quite unlike Autodesk and Adobe, both of which shut down activation servers for older versions at various points.) This is why, for better or worse, LightWave users can keep on truckin' despite the fact that the app has just about been dead for 2 or 3 years.

I get your fears, Hirazi. I get the trauma. Maya. Cinema4D. Adobe CC. ZBrush. Marvelous Designer. I've been on the pain train too. (And figured out ways off that don't compromise the end product.) Thus far, Pilgway has gotten our backs. It's not something we'll soon forget.

ANYWAY... It's all worries about nothing.

Literally, my ONLY complaints about 3DCoat are the lack of 3rd party tutorials for those who need it and its low key approach to marketing, which seems to be mostly word of mouth. More people should know about 3DCoat, the CG industry's best kept secret.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Hirazi Blue said:

Still cannot find any mention how to prolong my license on the website... And my mails also have been left unanswered...

I understand that you're anxious and, understandably, maybe even a little impatient. Some of us are - myself included. However, as noted by Andrew's post above, they should have the system prepared to handle the this stuff by or before the 13th; Their time, presumably. Besides, it's only the 11th. If it happens a day before the 13th? Great. If it happens a day later? That's fine too. Again, as you have a permanent license, your copy of 3dcoat will continue to run regardless. Whether or not you can buy that extra 12 months maintenance a day early or a day late is really inconsequential. Hey. Pass the time. Make something cool. No time like the present, right?

Edited by cookepuss

Sure. Patience is a virtue and all that.

Edited out the rest of my comment as it seems rather pointless to add anything to this thread at this point as I seem to only be getting the same response from the same user, not getting through to the company itself!

Edited by Hirazi Blue

The "upgrade" button appeared, but after I canceled my original order,it disappeared again, so now I can't try again..

I wanted to figure out the payment method and the price, so I canceled temporarily (I thought) and now the upgrade button is gone again...

My full name on the account is Leendert A. Hartog...

Could someone please fix this. It cannot be that I am locked out of the possibility of an upgrade after one failed try...

Edited by Hirazi Blue

After hearing your story, I was a bit wary, but risked it anyway. The entire process, for me, went off without a hitch. It took a minute or two for the license file to register in my account after purchase, but all is fine now and I'm good for another year. Supreme thanks to Andrew and his hard working team on getting this up and running. Cheers.

Could someone please fix this? It cannot be that I've already lost my right to upgrade by one (temporary) cancelation of the upgrade process...

The name on my account is Leendert A. Hartog. Thanks in advance...

Edited by Hirazi Blue

Okay. Okay. I know that you're sick of me. :p

However, at the risk of stating the obvious, have you contacted Pilgway sales or Andrew directly via their official emails? (sales@3dcoat.com and andrewshpagin@gmail.com) They might respond quicker there than to this thread. This is not really an official support channel. Also, it's nearly 7:30p in Ukraine, atm. Andrew & Co may not respond to you for a good 12+ hours since their work day is over. Couldn't hurt to DM Carloasn on Discord while you're at it; He's currently online as of 12:30p EST. 

Anyway, sorry for annoying you... again. :) Have a good one.

Hi,

The email of that user got into a wrong folder, so just replied with apologies. 
Basically, we are still testing the upgrade functionality. It will be available in user's account at pilgway.com

Sincerely,

Oleg
3DCoat Team

• Carlosan changed the title to [Fixed] Prolonging upgrades
  • Carlosan changed the title to Prolonging upgrades
  • Carlosan changed the title to Prolonging upgrades info - Any issues: notify the Sales/Licensing office at Sales@Pilgway.com
  • Carlosan unpinned this topic
  • Carlosan pinned this topic