3DCoat Forums

Prolonging upgrades info - Any issues: notify the Sales/Licensing office at Sales@Pilgway.com

Hirazi Blue

On 7/25/2022 at 5:38 PM, Carlosan said:

Hi Tubor

Was your issue resolved ?

Still no solution, the email replied that I can see the upgrade button on the serial number, but my pilgway account serial number does not have this button, so my license is still stuck on 21.07.2022, but I still successfully updated the program today

• Thanks 1

Something is wrong. I got this info: 

Please check your spam folder.

Thanks. We replied to that user, hope he could upgrade. No feedback from him so far.
Sincerely,
Oleg
3DCoat Team

2 hours ago, Carlosan said:

Something is wrong. I got this info: 

Please check your spam folder.

Thanks. We replied to that user, hope he could upgrade. No feedback from him so far.
Sincerely,
Oleg
3DCoat Team

image.png.a6e4de2bae8de96dbc9c3c480d1d185e.png

Today, I successfully saw the upgrade option. Thank you for your team's hard work.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Carlosan said:

You need to login into your Pilgway account.

Can you see my attached screen capture above, that says "ACCOUNT" in big letters? Well that is my account with the blacked out license ID. How does that actually help me upgrade? Can someone please shed some light on this "solved" issue?

• Carlosan changed the title to Prolonging upgrades issues: notify the Sales/Licensing office at Sales@Pilgway.com
  • Carlosan pinned this topic

I emailed sales@pilgway.com on Monday August 1st and still have not received a response. I was really hoping to upgrade during the sale. I wish they would have held off on the sale until this issue was resolved.

381474842_upgrademissing.jpg.3c98505089fd4a2900d7a706b9efdfcd.jpg

-Doug J.

As we are selling users a new upgrade + 12 months of free updates, technically there should match two conditions: 

1. The previous license free updates period should expire;
2. A newer STABLE update (build) should be available to upgrade to. 

The user may already have access to the latest version and there is newer version to buy. 

So once such update is available, those users could purchase the upgrade with 12 months of free updates. 

Hope that makes sense. 

Sincerely,

Oleg

3DCoat Team

• Carlosan changed the title to Prolonging upgrades info - Any issues: notify the Sales/Licensing office at Sales@Pilgway.com
  • 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Carlosan said:

Try login out/in.

Hope it help

Logging in and out doesn't help me.

I haven't installed a new version since 2022.39 which was still within my yearly update cycle. If I update to 2022.41 which was released after my free yearly update cycle expired, will this trigger the upgrade offer to appear in my account?

Or should it appear automatically?

Either way it isn't appearing.

Thanks,

Andrew.

15 hours ago, Drocket said:

Logging in and out doesn't help me.

I haven't installed a new version since 2022.39 which was still within my yearly update cycle. If I update to 2022.41 which was released after my free yearly update cycle expired, will this trigger the upgrade offer to appear in my account?

Or should it appear automatically?

Either way it isn't appearing.

Thanks,

Andrew.

Hello Andrew - when the next stable build (not beta on the forum) will be available in the Download section (https://3dcoat.com/download/?download=windows) after your free yearly update cycle the upgrade offer will appear automatically in your account. The logic is the following - we sell the upgrade - we do not sell just the maintenance officially. We sell license for the last stable build.  12 months of free upgrades after the last upgrade is just our gift.  

So if you want to buy the upgrade, you should have something available to buy. So there should be at least one stable build (not beta on the forum) in the Download section which you could not download during your free yearly update cycle. Now 3DCoat 2022.39 is the latest stable build in the Download section, which was still within your yearly update cycle (as you wrote). That is the reason why you can not make the upgrade. So please wait a little bit when we make the next stable build in the Download section. I hope that will be this week. After that the upgrade offer will appear automatically in your account.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, stas3dc said:

Hello Andrew - when the next stable build (not beta on the forum) will be available in the Download section (https://3dcoat.com/download/?download=windows) after your free yearly update cycle the upgrade offer will appear automatically in your account. The logic is the following - we sell the upgrade - we do not sell just the maintenance officially. We sell license for the last stable build.  12 months of free upgrades after the last upgrade is just our gift.  

So if you want to buy the upgrade, you should have something available to buy. So there should be at least one stable build (not beta on the forum) in the Download section which you could not download during your free yearly update cycle. Now 3DCoat 2022.39 is the latest stable build in the Download section, which was still within your yearly update cycle (as you wrote). That is the reason why you can not make the upgrade. So please wait a little bit when we make the next stable build in the Download section. I hope that will be this week. After that the upgrade offer will appear automatically in your account.

Hi Stas,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I understand now and will keep an eye open for the new stable release.

Thanks,

Andrew.

• 1 year later...
  • Advanced Member

Howdy, account says I should still receive updates through July, but though I see both my 2023 3DCoat licenses listed, I see no upgrade indication for 2024?

As it was just announced today, will that be a future change (hopefully before July)?  Or will my existing 2023 3DCoat licenses just continue to work for 2024 3DCoat releases?  I'm just trying to understand what, if anything, I need to do to obtain licenses that will work for 2024 3DCoat releases.  Thanks!

-John W

• 2 weeks later...