3DCoat Forums

Help me!!!!! Why is baking in 3D Coat so difficult?

Water

Hello and good evening. I discovered this wonderful software called 3D Coat; I love the texturing and uv mapping workflows, but I can't seem to get a handle on the baking phase. I've tried several bakes, but each time the results are the same. Could somebody tell me why my bake looks like that and what I need do? I paid close attention to both the outside and interior cages. I've watched several tutorials, but to no avail. Help, what should I do to fix this?

3d coat.png

• Reputable Contributor
46 minutes ago, Water said:

Hello and good evening. I discovered this wonderful software called 3D Coat; I love the texturing and uv mapping workflows, but I can't seem to get a handle on the baking phase. I've tried several bakes, but each time the results are the same. Could somebody tell me why my bake looks like that and what I need do? I paid close attention to both the outside and interior cages. I've watched several tutorials, but to no avail. Help, what should I do to fix this?

3d coat.png

Is the problem having to do with snapping problems? Maybe some step caused all of these and it would be good to turn off AUTO SNAP at the top of the UI to keep this from happening. Snapping can go haywire when the vertices are right up against the edge of a mesh or opening of a mesh. That is why it is good to know how to avoid these kinds of issues.

On 7/19/2022 at 10:47 PM, AbnRanger said:

Is the problem having to do with snapping problems? Maybe some step caused all of these and it would be good to turn off AUTO SNAP at the top of the UI to keep this from happening. Snapping can go haywire when the vertices are right up against the edge of a mesh or opening of a mesh. That is why it is good to know how to avoid these kinds of issues.

I tried it, but yet to no avail. The baking is still not working properly, even for basic models such as a bevelled cube. I really appreciate your efforts, AbnRanger and i'm still open to trying other techniques

• Reputable Contributor
45 minutes ago, Water said:

I tried it, but yet to no avail. The baking is still not working properly, even for basic models such as a bevelled cube. I really appreciate your efforts, AbnRanger and i'm still open to trying other techniques

Can you possibly screen record the process where it seems to fail? Perhaps we can spot what the issue is, by seeing it happen.