3DCoat Forums

Permanent License downgraded to Learning License

unity2k

Today I was presented with a license request as my updates stopped a week or two ago according to my license for 2021. When I reloaded that old license, I'm still in Learning mode. What happened to my purchase being for a permanent license? I get 3DC asking me if I want to upgrade but why have I been downgraded?

After 12 months period since the date of purchase your license did not expire:

You have a permanent license, but that means that you can use 3DCoat unlimited period, but only versions that were released within 12 months period since the date of purchase.

The license itself is permanent and in your account, you can download any version that was released during that period. But we did not promise anybody unlimited free updates.

We clearly state that here https://pilgway.com/store12 months of Free Updates .

Subsequent update at 45 Euros (from month 13+ following the purchase) or 90 Euros (from month 25+ following the purchase) with another 12 months of free updates.

Sincerely

3DCoat team.

• Like 1

• Reputable Contributor
19 minutes ago, unity2k said:

Today I was presented with a license request as my updates stopped a week or two ago according to my license for 2021. When I reloaded that old license, I'm still in Learning mode. What happened to my purchase being for a permanent license? I get 3DC asking me if I want to upgrade but why have I been downgraded?

This is a question better directed to the Sales/Licensing staff (Sales@pilgway.com) as they are the only persons who can rectify the issue, and they will get it straightened out.

42 minutes ago, Carlosan said:

After 12 months period since the date of purchase your license did not expire:

You have a permanent license, but that means that you can use 3DCoat unlimited period, but only versions that were released within 12 months period since the date of purchase.

The license itself is permanent and in your account, you can download any version that was released during that period. But we did not promise anybody unlimited free updates.

We clearly state that here https://pilgway.com/store12 months of Free Updates .

Subsequent update at 45 Euros (from month 13+ following the purchase) or 90 Euros (from month 25+ following the purchase) with another 12 months of free updates.

Sincerely

3DCoat team.

Well, now that I "know" again....a year is a long time to remember this policy. I now have the upgraded license and will hopefully remember at the end of July 2023 that these 40 Euro fees are now part of the cost of owning 3DC. Thanks for the reminder.

• Like 1

Suggestion: When updating to a version that is not covered by our current license provide an alert notifying the fact. I also noticed I was running a Learning license after updating 3DCoat, was simply fixed by updating my license to the new maintenance period, but if someone may not be In a position to do so it would avoid them the hassle of rolling back to an earlier version.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well the links to access my free updates for 1 year only work up to the 7 month period , after that the links are all dead and do nothing. 

I find it deceptive to allow updates past the expired period, then declare "you are now on a learning" licence without warning.

And then to add insult, on trying to get the latest version one has payed for , find the links are dead.

I'm sorry about what happened to your license. 

As AbnRanger said:

On 7/27/2022 at 6:39 PM, AbnRanger said:

This is a question better directed to the Sales/Licensing staff (Sales@pilgway.com) as they are the only persons who can rectify the issue, and they will get it straightened out.